All Rights Reserved
Fire / Explosions
- Alert people in the immediate area.
- Activate a fire alarm and evacuate the building.
- Do not use elevators unless directed to do so by authorized emergency personnel. Use nearest
- Close doors as you leave to confine flames.
- If smoke, heat or flames block your exit routes, stay in the room with the door closed
and signal for help using a brightly-colored cloth at the window.
- Do not re-enter the building until authorized emergency personnel give the “all clear”
- If you are able to exit, remain in vicinity.
- Report all fires/explosions to University Police - even those which have been extinguished.