All Rights Reserved
- With the victim’s consent, call University Police and report the assault. If the victim refuses, escort her/him to the University Heath Center (985) 549-2241, or University Counseling Center at (985) 549-3894.
- Seal off the area where the assault took place.
- Diffuse the situation if possible by identifying the individual’s needs, isolating the individual in a neutral area, and conferring with the individual.
- Inform University Police if a weapon was used, a victim has a physical injury, or impairment of physical condition.
- Assess counseling needs of victim or witness.