- Alert University Police if aware of a weapon brought to campus or if a weapon is suspected.
- If instructor suspects that a weapon is in classroom, he/she should confidentially notify a neighboring faculty member by sending a trusted student.
- Faculty should not leave classroom; he/she should wait for administrative response.
- If a student reported the weapon, either send him/her to University Police or allow him/her to remain anonymous, with you making the report.
- Send a message with a trusted individual that includes: - Your name and location - The name/description of the suspect - Whether the suspect has threatened anyone - Any information regarding the weapon’s location/type.
- Keep detailed notes of all events and the reasons the search was conducted.
DO NOT CONFRONT SUSPECT.
IF A SUSPECT THREATENS YOU WITH A WEAPON, FOLLOW SUSPECT’S DIRECTION.