All Rights Reserved
- Information regarding weather closings and impacts to campus is available at www.southeastern.edu and via the Southeastern Emergency Alert System. Register at www.southeastern.edu/alert.
- In all cases, follow public advisories on local radio stations or KSLU 90.9 FM.
- Follow your building’s shelter plan.
- Take shelter in the smallest, most-interior rooms and hallways on the lowest floor.
- Avoid glass enclosed places or areas with wide-span roofs such as auditoriums and gymnasiums.
- Crouch down and cover your head.
- Wait for the “all clear” signal from authorized emergency personnel.
- Get out of open areas and into an enclosed building as quickly as possible.
- Stay indoors. Do not venture outside unless absolutely necessary.
- Stay away from open doors, windows, metal objects, electrical appliances and plumbing until the storm passes.
- Draw shades or blinds to reduce injury from flying glass.
- Minimize use of electric appliances and computers. Unplug them, if possible.
- Keep cell phone use to a minimum.