Post Baccalaureate Certificate Program for Add-On Certification
Post Baccalaureate Certificate Eligible
Certified teachers in Louisiana may add-on additional certifications to their teaching certificate by completing requirements found in Bulletin 746: Louisiana Standards for State Certification of School Personnel. The following lists commonly acquired certifications and the courses that Southeastern uses to meet Bulletin 746. Candidates completing each of the following six add-on certifications are eligible for a Post Baccalaureate Certificate.
- Early Childhood PK-3
- English as a Second Language
- Gifted Education Add-On
- Mild/Moderate (Grades 1-5) Add-On
- Mild/Moderate 4-8 and 6-12 Add-On
- Reading Specialist
Some of the following add-on certifications are also eligible for a Post Baccalaureate Certificate. Please contact the Assistant Dean of the College of Education to determine if the certification you are interested in is eligible for a Post Baccalaureate Certificate to be awarded.
- Adapted Physical Education
- All-Level (K-12) Area Add-On (Endorsement) in Art, Dance, Foreign Language, Health/Physical Education, Music
- Early Interventionist Birth to Five Add-On (Endorsement)
- Education Diagnostician
- Educational Technology Facilitation
- Educational Technology Leadership
- Elementary Add-On (Grades 1-5)
- Middle School 4-8 Specialty Area Add-On (Endorsement in Social Studies, English, Mathematics, or Science
- Secondary Specialty 6-12 Area Add-On (Endorsement) in core Content Area as defined in NCLB [Social Studies, English, Foreign Language, Math, Science, Speech].
- Secondary Specialty 6-12 Area Add-On (Endorsement) Non-NCLB [Agriculture, Business, Computer Science, Family & Consumer Sciences, Journalism, Marketing, Technology Education].
- Supervisor of Child Welfare and Attendance and/or Visiting Teacher
- School Librarian
- Teacher Leader Endorsement
Students who complete a add-on certificate that is eligible for the awarding of a Post Baccalaureate Certificate should contact the Assistant Dean of the College of Education who must fill out the proper form and submit it to the Louisiana Department of Education and the Louisiana Board of Regents. You may contact the Assistant Dean's Office at 985-549-2311 for additional information.