About the Department
Welcome to Southeastern's Department of Accounting and Finance. We oversee undergraduate degree programs in Accounting and Finance, as well as the curriculum for a concentration in Accounting for students pursuing a Master of Business Administration degree.
The Accounting Program at Southeastern Louisiana University will engage in learning experiences, outreach, and knowledge creation that will positively impact lives and the communities it serves.
The mission of the Accounting Programat Southeastern Louisiana University is to provide students with relevant educational experiences, to enable the creation and sharing of knowledge, and to engage communities through service.
- We care about the well-being of our students.
- We provide a relevant curriculum through engaging pedagogy.
- We uphold appropriate standards of academic performance.
- We prepare our students, who are primarily from the southeastern portion of the state, to make meaningful contributions to Louisiana’s workforce.
- We offer experiences and opportunities that promote personal, professional, and intellectual growth to enhance career success.
Creation and Sharing of Knowledge
- We engage in quality research having a primary emphasis on application to practice and teaching /learning.
- We promote a culture of inquiry through connections with our stakeholders.
- We build and nurture relationships that enhance the relevance of educational experiences for our students and positively impact the communities we serve.
Statements of Core Values
- Excellence: We strive to perform at a level beyond ordinary standards.
- Honesty: We are truthful and straightforward in our conduct.
- Responsibility: We are accountable to stakeholders.
- Respect: We are considerate of the rights and views of others.
- Professionalism: We use skill, good judgment, and consideration for others to do a job well.
- Service: We work for the good of others.
These degree programs emphasize the development of the skills and perspectives required of new members of the accounting and finance professions. We prepare accounting students for careers in public, industry and governmental accounting as well as other professions for which accounting majors are particularly suited. Finance students are well-prepared for banking, investment, insurance and real estate careers.
Dr. Robert Braun
Phil K. Livingston Professor of Accounting
Ms. Lacey Burns
The department follows and enforces all university, college and departmental policies stated in the General Catalogue and applicable handbooks.