Dr. William Simpson
- 1996: Ph.D. from the University of Houston
- 1983 : MTax from Baylor University
- 1975: B.A. from Baylor University
- 1996 to Present: Accounting faculty member at Southeastern
- 2001 to 2014: Served as department head (or interim DH)
- 1985 to 1995: Taught accounting while a Ph.D. student at the University of Houston and before that as an instructor at the University of Texas at San Antonio.
- 1984 to 1985: Worked in public accounting as a member of the tax staff for KPMG in its San Antonio, TX office (at the time, Peat Marwick Mitchell and Co).
- 2014: Lifetime Achievement Award in Accounting Education from the Society of Louisiana CPAs (LCPA)
- 2010 to Present: Served on the board of the North Shore Chapter of the LCPA in various capacities (including President in 2014-2015)
- 2001 to Present Served on the Accounting Education Issues Committee of the LCPA (Chair of the Committee from 2005 to 2008)
- 2012: Business Etiquette and Professional Presence: Their Role in Managing Accounting Interns (Morris, Simpson and Bass) in the Journal of Higher Education Theory and Practice.