Lisa Aucoin Scholarship
The purpose of the Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology is to provide financial support to a deserving student who is attending Southeastern Louisiana University and majoring in Biology or an Art student working with photography of reptiles and amphibians or any other Biology related program.
The scholarship was established in memory of Lisa Aucoin.
Levels of Endowed Scholarships
The SoutheasternLouisiana UniversityFoundation, the primary fund raising arm of the University, has established four levels of endowed scholarships:
- Dean's Level - $10,000
- Provost Level - $25,000
- Presidential Level - $50,000
- Founder's Level - $100,000
This scholarship is being established at the Dean's Level--$10,000. If additional contributions are made, then the donors will receive additional recognition and the appropriate name designation (Provost Level, Presidential Level, or Founder's Level) will be given to the Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology.
Amount and Method of Payment
This scholarship is being established at the Dean's Level ($10,000), with an annual gift of $1,000. This scholarship is being funded by Lisa's parentsSandra andRonald Aucoin, with additional contributions from family and friends. This scholarship will exist in perpetuity. The principal of this scholarship will never be touched.
This endowment will be managed by the SoutheasternLouisiana UniversityFoundation in accordance with the “Investment Guidelines” adopted by the Foundation Board. It is the goal of the Foundation to award 4.5% of the market value of the endowment to the recipient of the Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology.
A periodic review of this endowment will be conducted. Based on the amount in the endowment, the amount awarded may be changed.
Criteria for Selection of Recipient
The selection criteria for the awarding of the Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology are listed as follows:
- The student must have an overall college grade point average of 2.50 or higher. If the student is a beginning freshman, he/she must have achieved a 2.75 or higher high school grade point average.
- The student may be a female or male graduate or undergraduate student majoring in Biology. The student may also be an Art student working with photography of reptiles and amphibians or any other Biology related program.
- The student must be of good moral character.
- The student must have financial need.
- The student must be a full-time student. (A full-time student is defined as a student enrolled in 12 hours of credit courses or a graduate student enrolled for 9 hours of credit.)
- This scholarship may be used to help fund field research for the selected student.
Criteria for Maintaining the Scholarship
- The scholarship may be maintained for a total of four years undergraduate or two years graduate.
- The student must maintain an overall grade point average of 2.50 or better.
- The student must maintain full time status.
The Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology will be administered by the SoutheasternLouisiana UniversityFoundation. The selection of a recipient will be made by the Department of Biological Sciences Scholarship Committee. The recipient of the scholarship will be presented at the College of Arts and Sciences Annual Honors Convocation.
A plaque recognizing the establishment of the Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology will be placed in Southeastern's D Vickers Hall. Another plaque recognizing this scholarship will be placed on the Wall of Fame to be located in Sims Memorial Library.
An article announcing the Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology will be featured in the Southeastern Alumni News, a quarterly publication with a readership of approximately 26,000. The contribution of Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Aucoin will also be highlighted in the Southeastern Annual Report.
Scholarship Booklet and Scholarship Web-Site
The Lisa Aucoin Endowed Scholarship in Biology will be listed in the endowed scholarship section of the Southeastern “Scholarship Booklet” and will be listed on the Southeastern Scholarship Web-Site.
Leadership Gift to Campaign
Southeastern is engaged in its first major fund raising campaign called “Commitment to Excellence.” Mr. and Mrs. Ronald Aucoin will be recognized as having made a “leadership gift” to this fund raising campaign. At the end of the campaign, there will be a special reception for those individuals who made “leadership gifts” to the campaign.
Tax Deductible Gift
Gifts made to the SoutheasternLouisiana UniversityFoundation are tax deductible to the maximum allowed by federal and state tax laws.