Guest Student Policy for Southeastern's Counseling Program
Enrollment in all counseling courses (i.e., CED, HD, MCFC, or SAC courses) is limited to those formally admitted to the Counseling Program with the following exceptions:
Graduates of Southeastern's Counseling Program
May take any counseling course*
Graduates of other CACREP Counseling Program
May take any non-clinical couse*
Graduates of Non-CACREP Counseling Programs who are Certified School Counselors, LPCs, LMFTs, or LPC/LMFT Interns
May take selected non-clinical courses.* Proof of license, school counseling certification or internship status must be submitted to Graduate Coordinator at email@example.com
Counseling Students Currently Enrolled Other Universities
May be allowed to take selected non-clinical courses*
- Must submit all of the following to Graduate Coordinator:
1) Documentation of a combines GRE score of at least 279 AND a 2.8 G.P.A.
(Undergraduate cumulative or last 60 hours. Graduate coursework not included).
2) Transcripts documenting that completed counseling coursework has (1) no grade
below a "C", and (2) no more than two grades of "C".
- This information must be submitted each semester admission is requested.
- Southern University students shouled also see cross-enrollment policy and procedures below.
*Course approval is granted on a semester-by-semester basis. If classes are full, Guest Students cannot be admitted. The Departmental Office or Graduate Coordinator will inform students of class availability.
The Southeastern Counseling Program does not have a provisional admission policy.
All requirements must be met in order to be eligible to take courses as a Guest Student.
- Complete the Application and Permission to Enroll Form, along with any required documentation outlined above, and submit to the Counseling
Graduate Coordinator, Department of Health and Human Sciences: Fax: 985-549-3758
Address: SLU Box 10863, Hammond 70402
- Complete the application process for Southeastern's Graduate School as an Extended Studies Student at the following link: https://www.selu.edu/future_students/apply/grad_students/
- Meet all deadlines and fee requirements of the Graduate School.
- Once admitted to the Graduate School, contact the Graduate Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your W# to be authorized for requested courses, provided space is available.
Southeastern and Southern University's Cross-Enrollment Policy
Southern University Students may be eligible to take up to two, non-clinical courses at Southeastern during a semester, provided the classes are not full, and Southern is not offering the same classes. Students must also meet the admission guidelines outlined above for Counseling Students Attending Other Universities. Students enrolling as part of a cross-enrollment agreement must follow both institutions' guidelines for cross-enrollment. If a requested course is available, please see the cross enrollment procedures for Southern University students: www.subr.edu/index.cfm/page/832/n/649.