Department of Computer Science and Industrial Technology
Welcome to the Department of Computer Science and Industrial Technology at Southeastern
Louisiana University. Please also visit our Channel. The department offers Bachelor of Science degrees in the following areas:
- A Bachelor's in Computer Science with concentrations in Science and Information Systems, and a Bachelor's in Information Technology. Both programs are accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. The Computer Science degree is designed to provide the foundation necessary for computer science graduates to succeed in the computing profession as well as in graduate school. The Bachelor's in Information Technology program features very similar computer science coursework, but less math. It also includes an "Application Area" which allows student an opportunity to apply what they have learned to a specific discipline. High achieving students can apply for the ACE program (Accelerated Computing Engagement) program which is a pathway to earning the Bachelor's in Information Technology in three years and includes several perks including a direct opportunity to an internship experience.
- A Bachelor's in Engineering Technology with concentrations in Mechanical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technology, and Energy Engineering Technology. This degree program combines the application of scientific and engineering knowledge with engineering methods and technical skills to prepare graduates for a variety of industrial and government workforce needs. The Engineering Technology Senior Design Project program is financially supported by Laitram, LLC., http://www.laitram.com. This partnership also includes a formal, paid internship program which includes tuition reimbursement for Engineering Technology and Industrial Technology students.
- A Bachelor's in Industrial Technology with concentrations in Supervision, Drafting Design, and Automated Systems. This degree program prepares professional industrial technologists with a broad technical and managerial background. There are also associate degree programs in Construction Technology, Design Drafter, and Supervision. The program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering, http://www.atmae.org.
- A Bachelor's in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment (OSH&E) which is designed to provide an academically comprehensive curriculum that prepares graduates with the ability and competency to become highly qualified safety, industrial hygiene, and environmental professionals. The program is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
For more information, contact:
- Computer Science & Information Technology - Dr. Sebastian van Delden, Sebastian.vanDelden@selu.edu
- Engineering Technology - Dr. Junkun Ma, Junkun.Ma@selu.edu
- Industrial Technology - Dr. Roy Bonnette, email@example.com
- OSH&E - Dr. Lu Yuan, Lu.Yuan@selu.edu
- Early Start, Industrial Technology - James Stutts, firstname.lastname@example.org