Southeastern welcomes students back for the start of classes this week while we continue to keep all faculty, staff and students who are not yet able to make it to campus in our thoughts as the region works to recover from devastating flooding.
We attempted to reach ALL our students in recent days, but we realize communication has been difficult, if not impossible for some. If you are just now able to see this message, please contact so we can have a better understanding of your status and work with you so you can attain your educational goals.


Academic Advising

Getting Advised for Courses

During your first year at Southeastern all Computer Science and Industrial Technology majors are advised by the Center for Student Excellence. Your SE 101 instructor is your advisor for your first two semesters. Every semester after that the Department of Computer Science and Industrial Technology is responsible for advising.

All students must be advised each semester to have the registration hold removed. If a student does not yet have an assigned advisor they can come to the Computer Science and Industrial Technology office or call 985-549-2189 to be assigned a faculty advisor in their concentration or area of interest. Appointments can be scheduled with the advisor in person or the student can use the on-line advising system (see instructions below). However, Freshmen have to see their advisor at least once in person to get to know them. The following resources may be helpful:

Who is my Advisor for Summer and Fall 2016 classes?


All Degree Completion Sheets and Prerequisite Charts can be found on the degree webpages:

All Course Descriptions can be found in the General Catalogue:

Online Advising System

Transfer Courses

If you have questions about transfer courses and if they will count in your degree completion sheet, you must speak with a Program Coordinator or the Department Head. You must provide the course description (and syllabus if possible) so that we can best determine if the course will count in our curricula.

Contact information for the Program Coordinators and Department can be found here.

Independent Study Courses
  • This form is to used for all courses without a standard and pre-defined topics list that a student or small group of students will be taking with a faculty member. For example, CMPS, ET, IT, DDT, or OSHE courses with "Special Topics," "Special Problems," or "Independent Study" in the course title.

  • It must be completed and signed by the faculty member and the student, and submitted to the Department Head for approval.

  • Download the form

Course Substitutions
  • Course Substitutions will only be considered prior the semester in which the course is to be taken. Approval must be granted from the Department Head and also the Dean's Office before the course is taken. Transfer course substitutions must be requested during the student's first semester at Southeastern.