We receive job opportunities (full time, part time, internships, etc) regularly from regional businesses and organizations. We usually forward these to the Office of Career Services where they are posted on the following website, LionHire:
In order to view the many opportunities available on this website, students have to create a free account. This only takes a few minutes. All students in the CS&IT department are strongly encouraged to sign up with this website.
1. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is pleased to announce the launch of the 2016 Secretary’s Honors Program Cyber Student Volunteer Initiative for current undergraduate and graduate college students. If interested, please check out the flyer. The Cyber Student Volunteer Initiative application period is open from December 29, 2015 to January 29, 2016 through the USAJOBS portal https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/425296700. For more information, please do not hesitate to contact the CyberSkills Management Support Initiative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. TEKSystems currently has a healthcare client based in Hammond that is looking to hire a junior-mid level developer (1-2 years professional work experience). If interested, please contact Mr. Nick Strong, Technical Recruiter, at NStrong@TEKsystems.com and 504-218-2693.
2. eMerge is currently looking for a Web Application Developer with a little experience. If interested, plese check out the eMerge job description.
4. The U.S. Department of the Navy is hiring a computer scientist in New Orleans. If interested, please check out https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/425548800.
5. Selagent Technologies in Mandeville is looking to hire a couple of motivated undergradudates as interns. The two areas that the company would have needs in are networking and systems development. More details about the internship requirements are coming...
6. Netchex Payroll Services is hiring a software developer. If interested, please check out the job description, or contact Gordon Carmadelle at email@example.com and 985-220-1410.
8. Regina Coeli Child Development Center (RCCDC) is hiring an IT Coordinator. If interested, pelase check out the job description, or contact Terri Franklin at firstname.lastname@example.org and 985-318-8800 Ext. 208.
1. Champion Technology Services is hiring an Automation Technician I. If interested, please check out the job description.
2. CPS Instruments, Inc. has an internship available for the Spring and Summer of 2016. More details about the internship requirements are coming...
4. CHEP in Hammond is hiring a Safety & Quality Lead. If interersted, please check out the job description, or contact Chad Montalbano at Chad.Montalbano@chep.com and 985-345-3055.