A Master of Arts in English at Southeastern
- Preparation for teaching or doctoral study.
- Introduction to literary analysis and research.
- Training in creative, critical, and professional writing.
- Enhancement of a teaching career.
- Background for publishing, public relations, business, and law.
- Liberal education of the mind and imagination through in-depth familiarity with literature.
WHY ENGLISH AT SOUTHEASTERN?
- Friendly department fosters a vibrant community of discourse and discovery among students and faculty.
- Flexibility of program allows personally designed degree plans, convenient class scheduling, and individual advising.
- Nationally known, diverse faculty ensures engagement with recent trends and abiding traditions in the field.
- Varied graduate assistantships promote professional development.
- Professional Writing Concentration offered as an option for your English Graduate Degree
- Excellent reputation has led to dramatic increase in enrollment.
- Attractive campus enhances a student-oriented, congenial atmosphere.
- Small-town ambiance less than an hour from New Orleans and Baton Rouge.