Robison's Faculty Page
Position: Department Head; Fay Warren Reimers Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Humanities
1996-99; Professor of History
Fields of Study: British History, European History after 1500
Classes usually taught: Advanced courses currently taught include Renaissance Europe, Reformation Europe, Europe in the Age of Reason 1648-1789, Europe during the French Revolution and Napoleonic Era, Ancient and Modern Britain, Tudor and Stuart Britain, Hanoverian and Victorian Britain, Modern Britain, and Seminar in British History (graduate level).
Office phone number: 985-549-2109
Faculty Page Web Address: http://www.selu.edu/Academics/Faculty/wrobison/
Education: B.A., M.A.,Ph.D., Louisiana State University
- College of Arts and Sciences Award for Teaching Excellence, 1992
- President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1996,
- Fay Warren Reimers Distinguished Teaching Professorship in the Humanities, 1996-99
- Editor of Historical Dictionary of Stuart England (1995) and Historical Dictionary of Late Medieval England, 1272-1485 (1998)
- Author of numerous articles and reviews on late medieval, Tudor, and Stuart England, as well as Reformation Europe.
- At work on Tudor Surrey: The Reformation, Politics, and Society, 1485-1603 and Conflict
and Consensus in the County Community: England, 1400-1700.
Presentations (Only from 1990s to present)
- Co-chair and co-discussant of a session, �Slavery and Plantation Life,� at the Southwest Historical Association, meeting as part of the Southwest Social Sciences Association Conference, March 1991.
- Co-presenter with Professor Charles A. Dranguet, "Christopher Columbus," Southeastern
Louisiana University Fanfare Program, October 1992.
Louisiana Historical Association, March 1994.
- Co-chair and co-discussant of a session, "British Empire History," at the Southwest Historical Association, meeting as part of the Southwest Social Sciences Association Conference, March 1994.
- Southern Conference on British Studies/Southern Historical Association, November 1994.
- Louisiana Historical Association, March 1995.
- "Thomas Cromwell, the Reformation, and Local Government in Surrey, 1529-1540," at the North American Conference on British Studies (as part of a Sir Geoffrey Elton Remembrance Program to honor the late Regius Professor of History at Cambridge), October 1995.
- Southern Conference on British Studies/Southern Historical Association, November 1995.
- American Historical Association, January 1996.
- Chair of a Phi Alpha Theta session, Louisiana Historical Association, March 1996.
- "Kings and Counties: Purges, Rebellion, and Restoration on the Commissions of the Peace in Southern England in the 1480s," in a session on "The Diocese of Winchester from Old Religion to Reformation, c.1400-1553" at the North American Conference on British Studies, October 1996.
- Chair of a session, "Wading into the Civil Rights Struggle," at the Gulf South Historical Association, October 1998.
- "Scandal and British Royalty: Past and Present," Southeastern Louisiana University Fanfare Program, October 1998.
- "The Reformation and Politics in Surrey During the Reign of Edward VI," in a session on "Religion and Society in Early Modern Europe," at the Sixteenth Century Studies Conference, October 1998.
- Chair of a session, "Community Self-Identity in World History," at Southwestern Historical Association/Southwest Social Science Association, March 1999.
- Commentator for a session, "Social Perceptions in Early Modern Europe," at the Sixteenth Century Studies Conference, October 1999.
- Chair of a session, �Louisiana, the Dictators, and World War II,� at the Louisiana Historical Association Conference, March 2002.
- �Conflict, Consensus, Community, and Class: The Historiography of English Counties,
1400-1700,� South Central Renaissance Conference, March 2003.
Chair of a Phi Alpha Theta session, �Struggle in Louisiana,� Louisiana Historical Association Conference, March 2003.
- �The Challenges of Teaching History at Master�s I Institution,� Gulf South History and Humanities Conference, October 2003. Host, Louisiana Historical Association Conference, March 2004.
- For a complete list of Awards, Publications and Presentations please visit: http://www.selu.edu/Academics/Faculty/wrobison/