Industrial and Engineering Technology
The Department of Industrial & Engineering Technology strives to support the economic development of the region by providing a premier, industry-relevant, undergraduate education in Louisiana, rich in real-world-ready experiences, undergraduate research, and a mixture of theoretical and hands-on coursework.
Advising for Summer and Fall 2019 begins March 13
- Laitram sponsors the Engineering Technology Senior Design project annually as part of a formal internship program.
- Performance Contractors sponsors development of Welding Technology / Materials Inspection Concentration in the Industrial Technology program.
- The OSH&E program was established at request of industry and in collaboration with GBRIA and industry stakeholders.
- The ET and OSHE programs are accredited by ABET, http://www.abet.org. The IT program is accredited by ATMAE, http://www.atmae.org.
- Available Scholarship for IET students through the College of Science and Technology (985) 549-2055