Industrial and Engineering Technology
The Department of Industrial & Engineering Technology strives to support the economic development of the region by providing a premier, industry-relevant, undergraduate education in Louisiana, rich in real-world-ready experiences, undergraduate research, and a mixture of theoretical and hands-on coursework.
- ET program is preparing for the ABET re-accreditation report and visit due this year 2020.
- IT program (both BS and AAS degrees) received six years full accreditation through ATMAE. The two degrees are now accredited through 2025.
- Beginning Spring 2020, the department will increase its offering of late classes to accommodate employees and adult learners who aspire to further their education in IET.
- Laitram sponsors the Engineering Technology Senior Design project annually as part of a formal internship program.
- Performance Contractors sponsors development of Welding Technology / Materials Inspection Concentration in the Industrial Technology program.
- The OSH&E program was established at request of industry and in collaboration with GBRIA and industry stakeholders.
- The ET and OSHE programs are accredited by ABET, http://www.abet.org. The IT program is accredited by ATMAE, http://www.atmae.org.
DEGREES & CURRICULUM
ADVISING FOR SPRING 2020
IT program has a 50-year history of strong industry connections. In the process of developing a new concentration in Welding Technology/Materials Inspection.
ET program was inititated in 2009, it differs from a classic Engineering in that it is more applied and focused on applications of technology.
OSHE bachelor’s degree is one of only a few of its kind in the nation. Initiated in 2004 as a workforce demand-driven program.
Job Placement (Fall 2019)
Previous Semesters (prior to Fall 2019)
Learn More About the Department
Faculty Return to Duty