Admissions and Auditions
Join our Family at Southeastern
Whether you plan to major in music or develop your artistic interests and abilities while majoring in another field, the Southeastern Louisiana University Department of Music and Performing Arts has something to offer you. The department offers undergraduate degrees in Music Education, Music Performance, Jazz Studies, a minor in music, graduate degrees in Music Performance, Music Theory, Choral Conducting, Instrumental Conducting, and performance opportunities for all Southeastern Students.
Dates and Deadlines
January 15: Southeastern Priority Application Deadline for Academic Scholasrhips
April 1: Complete Audition for Fall 2019
May 1: Enrollment decision deadline
Friday, December 13
Friday, February 15
Saturday, March 21
How to Apply:
Step 1: Apply to Southeastern
You must apply to and be accepted by the university before you can join the Southeastern Department of Music:
Step 2: Set up an Audition to the Southeastern Department of Music
Once you have submitted your application to Southeastern you will need to schedule an audition. All students are encouraged to audition during an audition weekend.
- Band: Perform two contrasting pieces and 2-3 scales
- Guitar: See Attached
- Jazz Studies: See Attached
- Percussion: See Attached
- Piano: Perform 2-3 contrasting pieces, scales, and sightreading
- Strings: Perform approximately 20 minutes of music that includes 2 contrasting pieces or movements
- Voice: Perform two contrasting songs from memory. A pianist is provided at the audition.