Leslie S. Arceneaux, DNP, FNP-BC,CNS,CDE
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10448
Hammond, LA 70402
PHONE: (985) 549-5045
- D.N.P., University of South Alabama
- M.S.N., University of Phoenix
- B.S.N., William Carey College
- A.S.N., Louisiana State University Medical Center
Post Graduate/Specialty Training
- Post Master's Family Nurse Practitioner/Clinical Nurse Specialist
Licensure and Board Certifications
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Advanced Practice Nurse in Louisiana
- Controlled Substances Certificate
- Louisiana Prescriptive Authority
- DC Registered Nurse
- AANP Family Nurse Practitioner
- ANCC Family Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Certified COPD Management
- Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University School of Nursing
- Adjunct Faculty, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Assistant Adjunct Professor at Loyola University NOLA in 2012
Honors & Awards
- The Presidents Volunteer Service Award (2008)
- The President's Council On Service and Civic Participation in Conjunction with USA Freedom CORPS National and Community Service
- Who's Who In Diabetes Treatment, Research (2005) and Education American Diabetes Association
- Customer Service Department Award Ochsner Clinic Foundation (2002)
- Excellence In Clinical Practice Award (2000) University Of South Alabama
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Louisiana Association of Diabetes Educators
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Zeta Gamma Chapter
- National Association of Home Health Nurses
- Junior League of Greater Covington
Selected Publications & Presentations
Arceneaux, L., Burshell, A., Schafer, D., & Strjc, L. (2002) Advanced Diabetes Management: Achieving Balance in Your Life. Ochsner Diabetes Institute Class Manual.
- Guitierrez, K.J., & Peterson, P.G. (2002), Pathophysiology-Reproductive Diseases. Contributor Chapter 11, Pathophysiology. WB Saunders: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Areneaux, L.S. (2011) Publicaiton submission to Gastroenterology Nursing: Removing Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening: Developing
- Arceneaux, L., Burshell, A., Schafer, D., & Struck, L. (2002). Advanced Diabetes Management: Achieving Balance in Your Life. Ochsner Diabetes Institute. Class Manual.
- Gutierrez, K.J., & Peterson, P.G. (2002), Pathophysiology- Reproductive Diseases. Contributor Chapter 11, Pathophysiology. WB Saunders: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Removing Barriers to Colorectal Cancer Screening: Developing an Open Access Pathway for Colonoscopy. (12/16/2011). Sigma Theta Tau Scholars Day. University of South Alabama. 1.0 CEU's. (Peer Reviewed).
- Inhaled Insulin and Diabetes Management Education. (2006-2007). Pfizer Pharmaceutical Speaker Presentation. Northshore Providers and Clinicians.
- Diabetes Management Strategies. (4/5/2005). AARP Northshore Chapter.
- Taking Control of Diabetes. (4/20/2004). St. Tammany Parish Hospital staff continuing education presentation. 1.0 CEU's. (Peer Reviewed).
- Advanced Insulin Therapy. (5/5/2003). Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners New Orleans Chapter continuing education. 1.2 CEU's. (Peer Reviewed).
- Novolog and Novulin Insulin Pen Systems and Provider Training. Novo Nordisk Pharmaceutical Speaker and Product Trainer. (2002-2003). New Orleans and Northshore Region.
- PAW Program Diabetes Education. Casino Magic Team Members Presentation. (9/30/2002). Ochsner Managed Casino Magic Clinic. Bay St. Louis Mississippi.
- Conventional Insulin Therapy. (2/13/2000). Ocshner Clinic Foundation Department of Endocrinology. EMD Pharma Research Training Program. New Orleans Louisiana. 1.0 CEU's. (Peer Reviewed).
- The Benefits of Diabetes Health Management. Hospital and Insurance provider clinician education. 1.2 CEU's. (Peer Reviewed).
- Pediatric Considerations and Variations in Home Health. (9/12/1997). LSU Home Health Certification Review Course. New Orleans, La. 1.0 CEU's. (Peer Reviewed).
- Doctors of Nursing Practice September 28th thru 30, 2011 Fourth Annual Conference.
- New Orleans, Louisiana Presentation: "Developing an Open Access Pathway for Colonoscopy".