Eileen Creel, DNS, RN
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
Hammond LA 70402
- D.N.S. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- M.S. Louisiana State University
- B.S. Southeastern Louisiana University Licensure and
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Associate Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Department Head for School of Nursing, Southeastern Louisiana University
Honors & Awards
- Caring Award Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- American Nurses Association
- International Association for Human Caring - member
- Rho Zeta Chapter STTI - Hammond Counselor
- American Nurse's Association
- Louisiana Nurse's Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Rho Zeta Chapter
- International Association for Human Caring
Areas of Research Interest
- Stigma and Marginalized Populations
- End of life
- Qualitative Methods
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Creel, E & Tillman, K (2011).Stigmatization of overweight patients by nurses. Qualitative
Report 16(5), 1330-1351
- Creel, E & Robinson, J (2010). Ethics in independent nurse consulting: Strategies for avoiding ethical quicksand. Nursing Ethics, 17(6), 1-7.
- Creel, E & Tillman, K (2008). The meaning of spirituality among nonreligious persons with chronic illness. Holistic Nursing Practice, 22(6), 303-309
- Creel, E. (2007) The Meaning of spiritual nursing care for the ill individual with no religious affiliation. International Journal for Human Caring. 11(3), 16-21.
- Creel, E & Tillman, K. Stigmatization of Overweight Patients by Nurses presented at STTI 41st Biennial Convention (2011) Grapevine, TX.
- Creel, E., The Meaning of Spiritual Nursing Care for the Ill Individual with No Religious Affiliation Presented at Connie S. Logan Research Day (April 3, 2009) Baton Rouge La.
- Creel, E., Spiritual Nursing Care of Patients with No Religious Affiliation. Presented at 30th Annual International Association for Human Caring conference (April 6-9, 2008) Chapel Hill, NC
- Creel, E., The Meaning of Spirituality for the Ill Individual with No Religious Affiliation. Presented at Southern Nursing Research Society 21st Annual Conference. (2007) Galveston, TX
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Carruth, A., Creel, E. and Sealey, L. (2011). Marketing Safety and Health Among Vietnamese Commercial Fishermen NIOSH, Southwest Center for Agricultural Health, Injury Prevention, and Education grant . 2011-2012.
- Noto, E. CITI grant.
- Noto, E. CITI grant Enhancing Nurse Practicum.
- Creel, E. The Meaning of Stigmatization of the Obese Patient by Nurses. Faculty Development Grant Southeastern Louisiana University.
- Urick,Y, Kerner, R & Noto, E. Peri-op Nursing CITI grant