Eileen Creel, DNS, RN
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
Hammond LA 70402
- D.N.S. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- M.S. Louisiana State University
- B.S. Southeastern Louisiana University Licensure and
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Assistant Dean, College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University
Honors & Awards
- Great 100 Nurses of Louisiana 2019
- Tangi Top Nurses’ Award 2016
- Tangipahoa District Nurses’ Association
- EPIC Endowed Professorship Chair 2015-2018
- Caring Award Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- American Nurse's Association
- Louisiana Nurse's Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Rho Zeta Chapter
- International Association for Human Caring
Areas of Research Interest
- Stigma and Marginalized Populations
- End of life
- Qualitative Methods
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Prude, S., Pecoraro, R.K., Calamia, D.K, & Creel, E (2021). Faculty attitudes towards nursing students with disabilities in the clinical setting. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 11(9), DOI: https://doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v11n9p52
- Pecoraro, R.K., Prude, S.,Calamia, D.K, & Creel, E (2021). Nurses’ perceptions related to impaired nurses and knowledge of substance use disorder within the nursing profession. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 11(8), https://doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v11n8p32
- Bernard, J., Creel, E, & Pecoraro, R.K. (2021). Care transition from rehabilitation to home: A QI project using the RED Toolkit to decrease readmission rates. Journal of Hospital Administration, 10(1), DOI: https://doi.org/10.5430/jha.v10n1p46
- Creel, E., Carruth, A., & Taylor, S. (2020). A survey of electronic medication management technologies among nurse educators: Implications for practice. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 10(9), 21-27
- Charrier, D., Taylor, S., & Creel, E. (2020). Perceptions of preparedness for nursing practice using a preceptorship model. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice, 10(3), 19-26.
- Steele-Moses, S., Creel, E. & Carruth, A. Recruitment Attributes Important to New Nurse Graduates Employed on Adult Medical-Surgical Units. MEDSURG Nursing. Sept/Oct 2018
- Tillman, K. & Creel, E. Enhancing care of LGBT persons: Lived experience of second degree baccalaureate nursing student in southern United States.International Journal for Human Caring.
- Hand, W. B., Robinson, J. C., & Creel, E. (2013). Ethical Issues Surrounding Weight Bias and Stigma in Healthcare. Online Journal of Health Ethics, 8(2).http://dx.doi.org/10.18785/ojhe.0802.04
- Hand, W. B., Robinson, J. C., & Creel, E. (2013). Ethical Issues Surrounding Weight Bias and Stigma in Healthcare. Online Journal of Health Ethics, 8(2). http://dx.doi.org/10.18785/
- Creel, E & Tillman, K (2011).Stigmatization of overweight patients by nurses. Qualitative Report 16(5), 1330-1351
- Creel, E & Robinson, J (2010). Ethics in independent nurse consulting: Strategies for avoiding ethical quicksand. Nursing Ethics, 17(6), 1-7.
- Creel, E & Tillman, K (2008). The meaning of spirituality among nonreligious persons with chronic illness. Holistic Nursing Practice, 22(6), 303-309
- Creel, E. (2007) The Meaning of spiritual nursing care for the ill individual with no religious affiliation. International Journal for Human Caring. 11(3), 16-21.
- Creel, E., Carruth, A. & Taylor, S. Supervision of Nursing Students using Bar Coded Medication Administration Systems at 18th Annual Nurse Educator Institute at the Peabody in Memphis, TN March 4-6, 2018
- Creel, E., Carruth, A. & Taylor, S. Bar code medication administration technology and faculty supervision of nursing students. Poster at Baccalaureate Education Conference Atlanta, GA. Nov. 15-17, 2017.
- Creel, E. & Carruth, A. The impact of bar code mediation administration technology on faculty supervision of nursing students. Poster at STTI 28thInternational Nursing Research Congress: Dublin Ireland July 27-31, 2017.
- Carruth, A. & Creel, E. Evaluation of PFDs by Vietnamese Commercial Fisherman in the Gulf of Mexico. Poster at STTI 28th International Nursing Research Congress: Dublin Ireland July 27-31, 2017.
- Carruth, A. & Creel, E. Changes in Work Flow for Faculty Supervising Students in a Clinical Setting as a Result of Bar Code Medication Administration.Poster at SREB Council on Collegiate Education for Nursing 2016 Annual Meeting: Atlanta, GA. Nov. 13-15, 2016.
- Carruth, A & Creel, E. Changes in Work Flow for Faculty Supervising Students in a Clinical Setting as a Resultof Bar Code Medication Administration. Poster at QSEN 2016 National Forum: The New Frontier. May 25-27, 2016 San Antonio TX
- Creel, E & Tillman, K. Enhancing a Spirit of Caring and Acceptance for LGBT Persons. Presented at 36th International Annual Caring Conference.(May 20, 2015) New Orleans LA.
- Tillman, K & Creel, E. Poster: Enhancing care of LGBT persons: Lived experience of second degree baccalaureate nursing students. Baccalaureate Education Conference taking place November 20-22, 2014 in Baltimore, MD.
- Creel, E & Tillman, K. Stigmatization of Overweight Patients by Nurses presented at STTI 41st Biennial Convention (October 30, 2011) Grapevine, TX
-Creel, E & Tillman, K. Stigmatization of Overweight Patients by Nurses presented at STTI 41st Biennial Convention (2011) Grapevine, TX.
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Creel, E., Billingsley, L., Carruth., A. & Tillman, K (2019). The Rural Nurses Career Advancement Pathway
Workforce Opportunity for Rural Communities (WORC): A Grant Initiative for the Appalachian and Delta Regions. Grant: MI-34037-19-60-A-22.
- Carruth, A., Creel, E. and Sealey, L. (2011). Marketing Safety and Health Among Vietnamese Commercial Fishermen NIOSH, Southwest Center for Agricultural Health, Injury Prevention, and Education grant . 2011-2012.