Eileen Creel, DNS, RN
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
Hammond LA 70402
- D.N.S. Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- M.S. Louisiana State University
- B.S. Southeastern Louisiana University Licensure and
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Associate Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Department Head for School of Nursing, Southeastern Louisiana University
Honors & Awards
- Caring Award Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- American Nurse's Association
- Louisiana Nurse's Association
- Sigma Theta Tau International, Rho Zeta Chapter
- International Association for Human Caring
Areas of Research Interest
- Stigma and Marginalized Populations
- End of life
- Qualitative Methods
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Steele-Moses, S., Creel, E. & Carruth, A. Recruitment Attributes Important to New Nurse Graduates Employed on Adult Medical-Surgical Units. MEDSURG Nursing. Sept/Oct 2018
- Tillman, K. & Creel, E. Enhancing care of LGBT persons: Lived experience of second degree baccalaureate nursing student in southern United States.International Journal for Human Caring.
- Hand, W. B., Robinson, J. C., & Creel, E. (2013). Ethical Issues Surrounding Weight Bias and Stigma in Healthcare. Online Journal of Health Ethics, 8(2).http://dx.doi.org/10.18785/ojhe.0802.04
- Creel, E & Tillman, K (2011).Stigmatization of overweight patients by nurses. Qualitative Report 16(5), 1330-1351
- Creel, E & Robinson, J (2010). Ethics in independent nurse consulting: Strategies for avoiding ethical quicksand. Nursing Ethics, 17(6), 1-7.
- Creel, E & Tillman, K (2008). The meaning of spirituality among nonreligious persons with chronic illness. Holistic Nursing Practice, 22(6), 303-309
- Creel, E. (2007) The Meaning of spiritual nursing care for the ill individual with no religious affiliation. International Journal for Human Caring. 11(3), 16-21.
- Creel, E., Carruth, A. & Taylor, S. Supervision of Nursing Students using Bar Coded Medication Administration Systems at 18th Annual Nurse Educator Institute at the Peabody in Memphis, TN March 4-6, 2018
- Creel, E., Carruth, A. & Taylor, S. Bar code medication administration technology and faculty supervision of nursing students. Poster at Baccalaureate Education Conference Atlanta, GA. Nov. 15-17, 2017.
- Creel, E. & Carruth, A. The impact of bar code mediation administration technology on faculty supervision of nursing students. Poster at STTI 28thInternational Nursing Research Congress: Dublin Ireland July 27-31, 2017.
- Carruth, A. & Creel, E. Evaluation of PFDs by Vietnamese Commercial Fisherman in the Gulf of Mexico. Poster at STTI 28th International Nursing Research Congress: Dublin Ireland July 27-31, 2017.
- Carruth, A. & Creel, E. Changes in Work Flow for Faculty Supervising Students in a Clinical Setting as a Result of Bar Code Medication Administration.Poster at SREB Council on Collegiate Education for Nursing 2016 Annual Meeting: Atlanta, GA. Nov. 13-15, 2016.
- Carruth, A & Creel, E. Changes in Work Flow for Faculty Supervising Students in a Clinical Setting as a Resultof Bar Code Medication Administration. Poster at QSEN 2016 National Forum: The New Frontier. May 25-27, 2016 San Antonio TX
- Creel, E & Tillman, K. Enhancing a Spirit of Caring and Acceptance for LGBT Persons. Presented at 36th International Annual Caring Conference.(May 20, 2015) New Orleans LA.
- Tillman, K & Creel, E. Poster: Enhancing care of LGBT persons: Lived experience of second degree baccalaureate nursing students. Baccalaureate Education Conference taking place November 20-22, 2014 in Baltimore, MD.
- Creel, E & Tillman, K. Stigmatization of Overweight Patients by Nurses presented at STTI 41st Biennial Convention (October 30, 2011) Grapevine, TX
-Creel, E & Tillman, K. Stigmatization of Overweight Patients by Nurses presented at STTI 41st Biennial Convention (2011) Grapevine, TX.