Wynn Gillan, DrPH, MPH
Southeastern Louisiana University
Kinesiology & Health Studies SLU 10845
Hammond, LA 70402
PHONE: (985) 549-5252
- Dr.P.H. Loma Linda University
- M.P.H. Loma Linda University
- B.S. Oklahoma State University
- Assistant Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University
Honors & Awards
- Louisiana Association for Health, Physical Education, and Dance Scholar Award (2010)
- American Public Health Association
- Society for Epidemiological Research
Areas of Research Interest
- Environmental Health
- Violence Prevention
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Gillan, W.W., Naquin, M. (2003). The Louisiana youth risk behavior survey: Comparing results from 1997, 1999, 2001. LAHPERD Journal 63, 2, 29-32
- Synovitz, L., Gillan, W.W., Wood, R. (2006). An exploration of college students' complementary and alternative medicine use: Relationship to health locus of control and spirituality level. American Journal of Health Education 37, 2, 87-96.
- Naquin, M., Gillan, W.W., Humphries, C. (2007). Dietary and physical activity perceptions in a rural Louisiana community. American Journal of Health Studies 22 (3) (page # to be determined).
- Gillan, W.W., Naquin, M., Bowers, A. (2013). Correlations among stress, physical activity and nutrition: School employee health behavior. ICHPER-SD Journal of Research 8 (1) (page # to be determined).
-Gillan, W.W., Wood, R. (2013). Student, Faculty, and Staff Attitudes Regarding Concealed Weapons on Campus. AAHPERD Annual Conference.
-Naquin, M., Gillan, W.W., Zannis, M. (2013) Correlates of Health Behavior among School-based Employees. 9th Annual International Conference on Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences, 29-31 July & 1 August 2013, Athens, Greece