Wynn Gillan, DrPH, MPH
• Assistant Professor
• Southeastern Louisiana University
Kinesiology & Health Studies SLU 10845
Hammond, LA 70402
• Phone: (985) 549-5252
• Email: email@example.com
• Dr.P.H. Loma Linda University
• M.P.H. Loma Linda University
• B.S. Oklahoma State University
• Assistant Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University
Honors & Awards
• Louisiana Association for Health, Physical Education, and Dance Scholar Award (2010)
• American Public Health Association
• Society for Epidemiological Research
Areas of Research Interest
• Environmental Health
• Violence Prevention
Selected Publications & Presentations
• Gillan, W.W., Naquin, M. (2003). The Louisiana youth risk behavior survey: Comparing results from 1997, 1999, 2001. LAHPERD Journal 63, 2, 29-32
• Synovitz, L., Gillan, W.W., Wood, R. (2006). An exploration of college students' complementary and alternative medicine use: Relationship to health locus of control and spirituality level. American Journal of Health Education 37, 2, 87-96.
• Naquin, M., Gillan, W.W., Humphries, C. (2007). Dietary and physical activity perceptions in a rural Louisiana community. American Journal of Health Studies 22 (3) (page # to be determined).
• Gillan, W.W., Naquin, M., Bowers, A. (2013). Correlations among stress, physical activity and nutrition: School employee health behavior. ICHPER-SD Journal of Research 8 (1) (page # to be determined).
•Gillan, W.W., Wood, R. (2013). Student, Faculty, and Staff Attitudes Regarding Concealed Weapons on Campus. AAHPERD Annual Conference.
•Naquin, M., Gillan, W.W., Zannis, M. (2013) Correlates of Health Behavior among School-based Employees. 9th Annual International Conference on Kinesiology and Exercise Sciences, 29-31 July & 1 August 2013, Athens, Greece