Southeastern Louisiana University
School of Nursing
Baton Rouge Center
4849 Essen Lane
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
PHONE: (225)-765-2324 Ext. 241
- Ph.D. Louisiana State University
- M.S.N. Northwestern State University
- B.S.N. Northwestern State University
- Certification NAACOG, In House Obstetrics
- Certified in Infection Control (CIC)
- Associate Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Nurse Educator Honoree, Baton Rouge District Nurses Association.
- Inducted to membership: Louisiana College Nursing Honor Society
- Inducted to membership: Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Nu Tau Chapter,
- Inducted to membership: Southeastern Louisiana University Nursing Honor Society
- inducted as charter member: Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Rho Zeta
- Louisiana State Nurses' Association
- Baton Rouge District Nurses' Association
- Rho Zeta Chapter, Sigma Theta Tau International
- Students in a Second Degree Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- Experiences of Faculty of a Second Degree Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- Supervision of Second Degree Prepared Registered Nurses in an Acute Care Facility
- Hathorn, D., Carruth, A.K., Agosta, L., & Pryor, S. (2009). Self reported back pain
among farm women in southeast Louisiana. AAOHN, 57(6), 232-238.
- Hathorn, D., Machtmes, K., Tillman, K. (2009). The lived experience of nurses working with student nurses in the clinical environment. The Qualitative Report. 14(2), 227-244.
- Tillman, K., Machtmes, K. & Hathorn, D. (2008). Masculinity: Consider the myths and realities for men in nursing. Journal of Men in Nursing. 3(1), 23-28.
- "Perceptions of Nursing Faculty in Teaching Second Degree Nursing Students." Connnie Logan Research, Rho Zeta Chapter STTI, Research Conference. 2011.
- "Nursing Supervisors Comparison of Second Degree BSN-RNs and Traditional BSN- RNs to Job Performance" Dr. Linda Corson Jones Research Day, Metairie, LA. 2011.
- "Teaching Methods to Promote Competence in clinical Nursing Practice". One hour group discussion topic. 7th US-Russian Nursing Conference. 2009. US-Russian Nurses: Promoting Health Through the Global Nursing Community.
- "The Lived Experience of American and Honduran Nursing Students Working Together: A Model for Nursing Study Abroad" Contributing author, 40th Biennial Convention of STTI Honor Society of Nursing. 2009.
- Hathorn, D., "Self-reported back pain in farm women from Southeastern Louisiana" Dr. Connie S. Logan Research Day "Linking Research to practice: connecting Globally Through Knowledge". 2009.
- "Strategies for Enhancing the Clinical learning Environment through Collaborative Practice with Staff Nurses." Scientific session research presentation (oral), STTI Biennial Convention, Baltimore, MD. 2007.
Selected Funded Projects and Research
- Pediatric and Obstetrical Simulation Enhancement. CITI. 2009.
- Budgetary Support for Data Collection and Analysis. Faculty Development Grant. 2008.
- Hi-Fi Nursing Simulation Equipment. CITI Grant. 2008.
- Enhancing Student Nuses Assessment Skills for the Newborn. Teaching Enhancement Grant. 2007.