Southeastern welcomes students back for the start of classes this week while we continue to keep all faculty, staff and students who are not yet able to make it to campus in our thoughts as the region works to recover from devastating flooding.
We attempted to reach ALL our students in recent days, but we realize communication has been difficult, if not impossible for some. If you are just now able to see this message, please contact email@example.com so we can have a better understanding of your status and work with you so you can attain your educational goals.
FLOOD RECOVERY FAQs
Southeastern Louisiana University
College of Nursing and Health Sciences SLU 10835
Hammond LA 70402
PHONE: (225)-765-2324 or (985)-549-5045
- Ph.D. Louisiana State University
- M.S. Arizona State University
- B.S. University of Texas at Austin
- Registered Nurse in Louisiana
- Certified in Maternal Newborn Nursing by the National Certification Corporation for the Obstetric, Gynecologic and Neonatal Nursing Specialties (NCC)
- Graduate Nursing Coordinator
- Associate Professor, Southeastern Louisiana University, School of Nursing
- Hewell Perkins Fellowship Louisiana State University
- National Nursing Honorary Society
- Nominated for President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Southeastern Louisiana University
- Nominated for Louisiana Nurses Foundation's Nurse Educator of the year Award.
- Recipient of Baton Rouge District Association's Helen Johnson Creemens Excellence in Teaching Award
- American Nurses Association
- Louisiana State Nurses Association
- Baton Rouge District Nurses Association
- Sigma Theta Tau, Rho Zeta Chapter
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses
- Professional Socialization of Students and Graduates of Second Degree Nursing Programs.
A quantitative cross sectional study in data analysis.
- The Lived Experience of Southeastern and UNAH Students Working Together: A Model for Study Abroad. A qualitative phenomenological study.
- Sealey, L., Hathorn, D., & Wafer, M. (2012) The lived experience of Southeastern
and UNAH students working together. Submitted to the The Qualitative Report. Under
- Carruth, A. Levin, J., Gilmore, K. Bui, T., Gallardo, G., Evert, W. & Sealey, L. (2010). Cultural influences on safety and health education among Vietnamese fishermen. Journal of Agromedicine, 15, 375-385.
- The lived experience of Southeastern and UNAH students working together. Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Rho Zeta Chapter. 2011.
- Professional Socialization of Second Degree Students. Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society, Rho Zeta Chapter, Annual Connie Logan Research Day. 2011.
- Developing Cultural Competence in Health Care. Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, Presented to LSU Student Organisation: Multiculturalism in Health Care. 2010.
- The Lived Experience of Nursing Students from the United States and Honduras Working Together: A Model for Study Abroad. Universidad Aut-noma de Honduras (UNAH), School of Nursing, Tegucigalpa. 2010.
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. "Developing cultural competence in health care" presentation for Multiculturalism in Health Care student organization, 2010.
- A Model for Study Abroad: American and Honduran Nursing Students Working Together. Our Lady of the Lake, Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge, LA, sponsored by BRDNA. 2010.
- The Lived Experience of Nursing Students from the United States and Honduras Working Together: A Model for Study Abroad. Indianapolis, Indiana. Sigma Theta Tau International, Biennial Convention. 2009.
- Levels of Nursing Education and Practice in the United States. Colegio de Enfermeras (Board of Nursing), Tegucigalpa, Honduras. 2009.
- Board of Nursing Tegucigalpa, Honduras: Levels of Nursing Education and Practice in the United States, 2008.
- Developing Cultural Competence. Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center, Baton Rouge. 2007.
- Working With Interpreters. Earl K. Long Medical Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. A continuing education offering for Nurses and Allied Health personnel. 2007.
- SLU, Baton Rouge Center: "Caring for Latino Clients: The Basics about Language and Culture". 2007.
- Advance Education Nursing Traineeship Award, HRSA. Funded 2011 - 2012; 2012 - 2014.
- Using Technology to Enhance Communication between Nursing Students and the Hispanic Community. SLU, Center for Faculty Excellence Innovative Teaching Initiative (CITI) Grant. 2009.
- Lived Experience of Southeastern Nursing Students Working with UNAH Nursing Students in Honduras: A Model for Study Abroad. Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing - Rho Zeta Chapter. Research grant. 2009.
- Pryor, S., Sealey,L. & Tilman, K. Accelerated Nursing Programs. SLU Faculty Development Grant. 2008.
- Sealey, L. & Wafer, M. (co- Principal Investigators). Cross-Cultural Educational Interactions via Internet Videoconferencing. SLU Teaching Enhancement Grant. 2007.
- Teaching Students to Overcome Patient Language Barriers: A Web Based Approach. SLU - Center's Innovative Teaching Initiative. 2007.
- SLU Teaching Enhancement Grant, "Cross-Cultural Educational Interactions via-Internet Videoconferencing ", 2007.