Your Southeastern 101 instructor is also your academic advisor for your first year here at Southeastern. As your instructor, they are there to help you navigate through your first semester of college and provide support during this crucial transition.
During your first semester, you are required to take Southeastern 101, the Freshmen Success course. Your SE 101 instructor will be your advisor for two semesters (fall and spring), unless you’ve accumulated hours/status that makes you a sophomore after your 1st semester at Southeastern due to transfer and prior credits. As a third-semester freshman or sophomore with 30 hours or more, you will be advised by the department of your major. Call 985-549-2000 to get in touch with that department.
Academic advising is an opportunity to meet with an advisor in the academic focus area of your major. Together you will develop strategies for overcoming any obstacles that you may encounter along the way that can impede your educational and life goals. The Center for Student Excellence is a resource to assist and promote successful academic and personal growth during your college career at Southeastern.
You can make an appointment to see your Academic Advisor through your campus email account. The departmental reception desk is located in the Student Union Annex, Room 1102.
ACADEMIC FOCUS AREAS:
- Foreign Language
- History / Cultural Resource Management
- Visual Arts
- Business Administration
- Supply Chain Management
- Public Relations
- Early Childhood Education (Grades PK - 3)
- Elementary Education (Grades 1 - 5)
- Middle School Education (Grades 4 - 8)
- Elementary Education and Special Education (Grades 1 - 5)
- Middle School Education and Special Education (Grades 4 - 8)
- English, Social Studies, or Health and Physical Education (Grades 6 - 12)
- Athletic Training
- Communication Sciences & Disorders
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Social Work / Counseling
- Speech Pathology / Audiology
- Criminal Justice
- Political Science
- Computer Science
- Engineering Technology
- Forensic Science
- Industrial Technology
- Information Technology
- Occupational Safety, Health & Environment