Applicants who have submitted completed applications, including all documents listed
below, by the application deadline will be given priority for admission consideration.
applications received after the deadline will be given consideration on a space available
basis. Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.
April 1- Fall Semester
November 1- Spring Semester
Applicants must meet the following requirements to be considered for the program:
Verbal score: 145
Quantitative score: 145
Verbal score: 450
Quantitative score: 450
**If the scores are less than the minimum expectations, the applicant must submit a
written letter of appeal to the Director of the Doctoral Program within ten (10)
calendar days of being notified of the result of the application to the program.
2. Master's Degree from an accredited university
3. GPA of 3.00 on all graduate-level course work
4. At least three (3) years of appropriate professional experience
5. Satisfactory standing in the last institution attended
6. For applicants whose native language is not English, a score on the English
proficiency examination (TOEFL) of at least 24 on each of the components (Writing,
reading, peaking, and Listening).
Tenured Consortium University faculty members above the rank of instructor may not be
admitted into the doctoral program.
Students who do not have a master's degree in school administration or the equivalent,
may be required to complete three to nine hours of course work in educational
administration, either before or during the doctoral program. Students who have not
completed courses in graduate statistics and research methods must include these
courses in their program of study.
An applicant must fully meet all of the Southeastern Louisiana University Graduate
admission requirements to be considered for admission for the Doctor of Education
degree program in Educational Leadership. Two sets of information and documents must
*Mail official transcripts of all college coursework (undergraduate and graduate) to:
Director of Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership
Southeastern Louisiana University
Hammond, LA 70402
* Submit the following documents electronically as pdf files to Dr. Jennifer
Sughrue (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of the Doctoral Program in
Educational Leadership and Technology:
1. Completed application form
2. Professional resume
3. A formal letter of application that must provide:
4. A writing sample that the applicant believes is indicative of her/his ability to
write on an academic or professional subject
5. Names, addresses (office and e-mail), and telephone numbers of the
following three individuals:
6. Verification of at least three (3) years of appropriate professional experience
7. Copy of your Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (NOTE: If you have not
taken the GRE, please send your scores directly to Southeastern when you
take the exam.)
8. If necessary, copy of your English proficiency exam (TOEFL) scores.
Once all application materials have been received, the Doctoral Admissions Committee
will jointly review the applicants' materials. The Committee will determine which
applicants will move forward in the application process and schedule an interview on the
Hammond campus. This phase has two components:
1. Each applicant must draft an extemporaneous writing sample in response to
a writing prompt that will be provided on site.
2. Following the writing exercise, the applicant will have a face-to-face