Master of Arts in Health and Kinesiology
To be considered for admission to the Master of Arts degree program in Health and Kinesiology, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Meet all University and Graduate School admission requirements.
- Regular admission: A minimum GRE score of 146 (verbal) and 140 (quantitative). Students who completed the GRE prior to August 2011 should contact the Graduate Coordinator for specific admissions criteria.
- A student not eligible for regular admission may be admitted with provisional status with a minimum GRE score of 143 (verbal) and 138 (quantitative). Students who fail to submit GRE scores will not be considered for admissions.
- Applicants for the Masters of Arts in Health and Kinesiology are required to have completed a baccalaureate degree. The undergraduate degree should be in health or kinesiology or a related field (e.g. nursing, dietetics, biology), or should have included adequate preparation for graduate study of health and kinesiology. Applicants whose undergraduate degree is in a field other than health and kinesiology may be required to complete a maximum of 21 hours of undergraduate courses recommended by the department. All students are required to have completed 4 hours of human anatomy and physiology (lecture & lab).
- Graduate students enrolled in the Kinesiology concentration may not transfer in more than 6 semester hours from another university and/or program.
- Graduate students enrolled in the other three concentrations (Exercise Science, Health Studies, and Health Promotion and Exercise Science) may not transfer in more than 9 semester hours from another university and/or program.