Overview / Program Description
Master of Arts in Health and Kinesiology
The purposes of the Department of Kinesiology and Health Studies are to:
- Develop and enhance teaching skills, knowledge, and attitudes to enable students to become better teachers, supervisors, and administrators of health and kinesiology programs.
- Develop and enhance scholarship and professional interest in health studies and kinesiology.
- Promote the use of research by stimulating interest and developing skill in research techniques.
- Provide an academic environment that will enable the gifted student to pursue more advanced study.
- Provide opportunities for developing the skills necessary for working with students from varied backgrounds with diverse value systems.