Master of Education in Special Education
The purposes of the Master of Education in Special Education are to:
- Prepare highly qualified and effective teachers for Louisiana's PK-12 schools.
- Provide candidates with opportunities to develop pedagogical content knowledge, content knowledge in their area(s) of certification, and competencies reflecting the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to reach their full potential.
- Develop candidates' capabilities to provide professional services and leadership in schools, school districts, and professional organizations.
- Offer curriculum and instruction for earning a Master's degree that is guided by the high standards of the College of Education and Human Development Conceptual Framework and other state and national standards.
- Provide intensive study in candidates' selected area of concentration.
- Enhance the candidate's potential for serving students, parents, colleagues, and others in the educational community.