Most Honors students take an introductory course (SE 101H) and one additional Honors course during their first semester. The SE 101H experience is designed to foster community and collaboration among students. The additional Honors course is designed to expose you to the awesome options available in the various academic departments.
Honors Program Requirements:
- 15 hours of freshman/sophomore level Honors courses
- must be chosen from at least three disciplines
- generally taken one or two courses per semester for the first four semesters
- students pick which courses best fit their interests, majors, and credit needs
- 9 hours of upper-level Honors courses chosen from any combination of the following
- 300- or 400-level HONR courses
- 300- or 400-level H courses in the major
- H-option of courses in the major
- Up to 3 hours of university study abroad
- Good Standing
- Maintain at least 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Take at least one honors course per academic year
- Thesis or Scholarly Project
- Students take HONR 300 (1-hour) the semester they complete the thesis project
To remain in good standing and retain the benefits of Southeastern Louisiana University's Honors Program, Honors Students must meet minimum GPA requirements, complete sufficient honors course work each year to show progress toward the Honors diploma, and meet deadlines for submission of required forms as announced through the Honors Program office.
The Honors Program offers a variety of courses that allow our students to experience growth and self-discovery.
Honors Class Schedules
A detailed overview of the Senior Thesis requirements can be found here.