Are You Ready For Fall?
Getting you ready for classes to start Wednesday, August 15!
Have I been admitted? How do I register classes? Is my financial aid complete? How do I pay fees? How do I pick up my ID, textbooks and parking decal? Below you will find a checklist to help you get ready for Fall 2018.
Fall Campus Office Hours:
Beginning Monday, August 6, 2018
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
Prior to Monday, August 6, 2018
Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Closed on Friday
1. Admissions - North Campus Main Building, Room 113
- I have applied, but my application is still incomplete. How do I check my application status? You can check your admission application status by logging into LEONET. Once logged into LEONET, click on Self Service > Student Admissions. If you still have documents to turn in, bring them to the Office of Admissions. Immunization records can be faxed to (985)549-5882. College transcripts must be hand-delivered in a signed, sealed envelope or mailed directly from the other institutions to Southeastern Admissions. Application fees can be paid online through LeoNet with a credit car or electronic check. Paper checks can be mailed into the Admissions Office. If paying in person at the Controller's Office only cash or paper checks are accepted.
- I have turned in all of my documents, but still cannot register. What do I need to do? Your application may still be under review. Contact the Office of Admissions at (985)549-5637.
- I am an international student, what do I need to do when I arrive on campus? You will need to check in with the Office of Admissions during regular office hours. Campus office hours are listed above. Have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or you can also visit our website southeastern.edu/international.
- Do I need to attend Orientation? If so, when is Orientation? All beginning freshmen and transfer students with less than 30 hours of credit earned are required to complete Southeastern Orientation. Students are invited to an orientation program once they are admitted to the university.
2. Financial Aid - North Campus Financial Aid Building, Room 121
REMINDER: Classes will be canceled for students with outstanding charges on Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:30pm (unless you have pending Financial Aid to cover the outstanding charges). Students are encouraged to check their LeoNet account for any outstanding charges.
- What is my financial aid status? You can check the status of your financial aid award by logging into your LEONET account. Once logged into LEONET, click on Self Service > Campus Finances > View Financial Aid. The current financial aid year is 2018-2019.
- When will my scholarships, grants, or loans show as pending aid? Any grants or scholarships will appear on your account as soon as they are posted. Student loans will not show as pending aid until they are accepted via your LEONET account. If you have additional questions or need more information, you may stop by the Financial Aid Office and meet with a counselor.
- How do I know if I need to submit financial aid documents? You may check your "To Do List" on LEONET for details. Click on Self Service>Student Center to see what actions are needed to complete your financial aid process. You may turn in documents in person to the Office of Financial Aid reception desk, email documents to email@example.com or fax documents to 985.549.5077.
- Check out the Frequently Asked Questions on Financial Aid's site for many answers to popular questions.
- How do I get advised? If you have more than 30 hours of college credit, you will need to be advised by your academic department before you can register your classes. See the department of your major for information on academic advising. If you have less than 30 hours of college credit, you will be advised with the Center for Student Excellence during orientation.
- How do I register for classes? Once you are admitted and advised, you can enroll in classes via your LEONET account. Step-by-step instructions on how to enroll are available on LEONET-HOW DO I?
- When is the last day to register classes for Fall? Open registration ends Friday, August 10, at 12:30 pm. Schedule adjustment begins Sunday, August 12 - Tuesday, August 14. Drop/Add period will begin on Wednesday, August 15 and end on Thursday, August 16. During this period you may make schedule adjustments without receiving a "W" grade for each class dropped. However, you will not be able to drop the last class on your schedule.
REMINDER: Classes will be canceled for students with outstanding charges on Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:30pm (unless you have pending Financial Aid to cover the oustanding charges). Students are encouraged to check their LeoNet account for any outstanding charges.
- How do I pay my tuition and fees? You can pay in person, online or by mail. In person, you can pay by cash or paper check at the Cashier's Section of the Controller's Office during office hours. You can also mail in a check to the Controller's Office, Southeastern Louisiana University, SLU 10720, Hammond, LA 70402. All credit card and electronic check payments must be made online through your LEONET account. Instructions for online fee payment.
- When are fees due? Class cancellation fee payment deadline: Friday, August 10, 2018 at 12:30pm.
To ensure that your Southeastern courses are not canceled, all fees must be paid in full or your pending Financial Aid must be enough to cover your outstanding charges. All fees must be paid by the FINAL fee payment deadline: Friday, August 17 at 12:30 pm.
- Can I defer payment of my fees? Southeastern offers an installment payment plan with 3 payments.
- How do I receive my financial aid refund? All types of refund payments will be sent to BankMobile and processed according to the refund method the student has selected. Click here for details on how to choose your refund method.
- Frequently Asked Question: For more information on your Fall 2018 fees, visit the Controller's Office website.
5. Student IDs - North Campus Financial Aid Building, Room 133
- Where do I pick up my student ID? Beginning Monday, August 6, students can pick up their student IDs from the Campus Card Operations Office located in North Campus Financial Aid Building, Room 133.
- What do I need to bring to pick up my student ID? A government issued photo ID is required to pick up your ID (no exceptions). Your tuition and fees must be paid in full, or your pending financial aid must be enough to cover the outstanding charges before you can pick up your student ID.
- How do I add money to my Lion's Lagniappe? You can bring cash, check or money order to the Controller's Office.You may also add Lion's Lagniappe to your account through LEONET or with a credit card using your GET account. Click here for details on how to create your GET Account.
- Parking Office Open for Fall Semester: (Beginning August 6, 2018)
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 4:45 pm and Friday: 7:30 am - 12:00 pm
- How do I pick up my parking decal? First you need to register your vehicle by entering your vehicle information on LEONET. For directions, see the LEONET-HOW DO I. Register your vehicle in LEONET before paying your tuition and fees. Your tuition and fees must be paid, or your pending financial aid must be enough to cover your outstanding charges before your parking hangtag can be issued to you.
- Where do I pick up my parking decal? The Department of Transportation Services will be issuing student parking hangtags at their temporary location in the University Center, Gate 1, Room 139, beginning August 6, 2018 through Thursday, August 16, 2018. Beginning Friday, August 17, 2018, the Parking Office will return to its usual location in Pride Hall for students to obtain their parking hangtags. Cost of the Southeastern Parking Hangtag is $60 for the Academic Year.
- What do I need to bring to pick up my parking decal? You will need a Southeastern ID card or valid Driver's License.
- How do I pick up my rental textbooks? Once all of your fees are paid or your pending financial aid covers all your outstanding charges, you can pick up your textbooks with your student ID. Print out a copy of your class schedule from LEONET (Self Service - Textbook Rental Information) and bring your student ID with you to pick up your rental textbooks.
- How can I check into campus housing? Contact the University Housing Office for check-in details. University Housing is located in Pride Hall. Move-in Mania is Sunday, August 12 from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- How do I sign-up for the emergency alert system? Your safety is our priority. Sign-up now for our FREE emergency alert notification system. If classes are ever canceled, you will be the first to know. You can receive notifications via text message, phone call and email.
- Where can I buy Southeastern gear and school supplies? Visit the University Bookstore located in the War Memorial Student Union for Southeastern apparel and gifts, as well as school supplies and computer software.