Are You Ready For Fall?
Getting you ready for classes to start Wednesday, August 16th!
Have I been admitted? How do I register classes? Is my financial aid complete? How do I pay fees? How do I pick up my ID, textbooks and parking decal? Below you will find a checklist to help you get ready for Fall 2017.
Fall Campus Office Hours:
Beginning Monday, August 7, 2017
Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Friday, 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
1. Admissions - North Campus Main Building, Room 113
- I have applied, but my application is still incomplete. How do I check my application status? You can check your admission application status by logging into LEONET. Once logged into LEONET, click on Self Service > Student Admissions. If you still have documents to turn in, bring them to the Office of Admissions. Immunization records can be faxed to (985)549-5882. College transcripts must be hand-delivered in a signed, sealed envelope or mailed directly from the other institutions to Southeastern Admissions. Application fees can be paid in person at the Controller's Office or mailed with check to the Admissions Office.
- I have turned in all of my documents, but still cannot register. What do I need to do? Your application may still be under review. Contact the Office of Admissions at (985)549-5637.
- I am an international student, what do I need to do when I arrive on campus? You will need to check in with the Office of Admissions during regular office hours. Campus office hours are listed above. Have questions, please contact email@example.com or you can also visit our website southeastern.edu/international.
- Do I need to attend Orientation? If so, when is Orientation?All beginning freshmen and transfer students with less than 30 hours of credit earned are required to complete Southeastern Orientation. Students are invited to an orientation program once they are admitted to the university.
2. Financial Aid - North Campus Financial Aid Building, Room 121
REMINDER: Classes will be canceled for students with an unpaid balance by Friday, August 11, 2017 at 12:30pm. Students are encouraged to check their LeoNet account for any unpaid balances (unless you have Financial Aid).
- What is my financial aid status? You can check the status of your financial aid award by logging into your LEONET account. Once logged into LEONET, click on Self Service > Campus Finances > View Financial Aid. The current financial aid year is 2017-2018.
- When will my scholarships, grants, or loans show as anticipated aid? Any grants or scholarships will appear on your account as soon as they are posted. Student loans will not show as anticipated aid until they are accepted via your LEONET account. If you have additional questions or need more information, you may stop by the Financial Aid Office and meet with a counselor.
- How do I know if I need to submit financial aid documents? You may check your "To Do List" on LEONET for details. Click on Self Service>Student Center to see what actions are needed to complete your financial aid process. You may turn in documents in person to the Office of Financial Aid reception desk, or fax documents to 985.549.5077.
- How do I get advised? Students with more than 30 hours of college credit will need to be advised by your academic department before you can register your classes. See the department of your major for information on academic advising. Students with less than 30 hours of college credit will be advised with the Center for Student Excellence during orientation.
- How do I register for classes? Once you are admitted and advised, you can enroll in classes via your LEONET account. Step-by-step instructions on how to enroll are available on LEONET-HOW DO I?
- When is the last day to register classes for Fall? Open registration ends Friday, August 11, at 12:30 pm. Schedule adjustment begins Sunday, August 13th - Tuesday, August 15th. Drop/Add period will begin on Wednesday, August 16 and end on Thursday, August 17th. During this period you may make schedule adjustments without receiving a "W" grade for each class dropped. However, a student will not be able to drop all of their classes.
REMINDER: Classes will be canceled for students with an unpaid balance by Friday, August 11, 2017 at 12:30pm (unless you have Financial Aid). Students are encouraged to check their LeoNet account for any unpaid balances.
- How do I pay my tuition and fees? You can pay in person, online or by mail. In person, you can pay by cash or check at the Cashier's Section of the Controller's Office during office hours. You can also mail in a check to the Controller's Office, Southeastern Louisiana University, SLU 10720, Hammond, LA 70402. All credit card payments must be made online through your LEONET account. Instructions for online fee payment.
- When are fees due? Class cancellation fee payment deadline: Friday, August 11, 2017 at 12:30pm. This is to ensure that your Southeastern courses are not canceled. (If your financial aid is posted, your classes will not be canceled.) All fees must be paid by the FINAL fee payment deadline: Friday, August 18, at 12:30 pm.
- Can I defer payment of my fees? Southeastern offers an installment payment plan with 3 payments.
- How do I sign up for direct deposit? Print and complete the direct deposit form. Bring the direct deposit form along with a voided check to the Payroll Office, Room 105, in the Controller's Office.
- Frequently Asked Questions...for more information on your Fall 2017 fees go to the Controller's Office website.
5. Student IDs - North Campus Financial Aid Building, Room 133
- Where do I pick up my student ID? Beginning Monday, August 7th students can pick up their student IDs from the Campus Card Operations Office located in North Campus Financial Aid Building, Room 133.
- What do I need to bring to pick up my student ID? A government issued photo ID is required to pick up your ID (no exceptions). Your tuition and fees must be paid in full, or your financial aid must be posted to your account before you can pick up your student ID.
- How do I add money to my Lion's Lagniappe? You can bring cash, check or money order to the Controller's Office.You may also add Lion's Lagniappe to your account through LEONET or with a credit card using your GET account. Click here for details on how to create your GET Account.
- Parking Office Open for Fall Semester: (Beginning August 7, 2017)
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm and Friday: 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
- How do I pick up my parking decal? First you need to register for your parking decal on LEONET. For directions, see the LEONET-HOW DO I. Register your vehicle in LEONET before paying your tuition and fees. Your tuition and fees must be paid in full, or your financial aid must be posted to your account before you can pick up your parking decal.
- Where do I pick up my parking decal? The University Police - Parking Office will be issuing student parking decals in their temporary location at the University Center, Gate 5 - Room 125, through Thursday, August 17, 2017. Beginning on Friday, August 18, 2017, the Parking Office will return to its usual location in Pride Hall and will continue to issue parking decals. Cost for a parking decal is $60.00 for an academic year (Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters).
- What do I need to bring to pick up my parking decal?You need to bring a photo ID and valid vehicle registration or bill of sale to obtain your parking decal.
- FALL 2017 PARKING UPDATED DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - CLICK HERE.
- How do I pick up my rental textbooks? Once all of your fees are paid or your financial aid is posted, you can pick up your textbooks with your student ID. Print out a copy of your class schedule from LEONET(Self Service - Textbook Rental Information) and bring your student ID with you to pick up your rental textbooks.
- How can I check into campus housing? Contact the University Housing Office for check-in details. University Housing is located in Pride Hall. Move-in Mania is Sunday, August 13th from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- How do I sign-up for the emergency alert system? Your safety is our priority. Sign-up now for our FREE emergency alert notification system. If classes are ever canceled, you will be the first to know. You can receive notifications via text message, phone call and email.
- Where can I buy Southeastern gear and school supplies? Visit the University Bookstore located in the War Memorial Student Union for Southeastern apparel and gifts, as well as school supplies and computer software.