LionHire Resume Rules
Your resume will NOT be approved for use in LionHire if:
- Excessive spelling, grammar, punctuation, or sentence structure errors are identified.
- Headings are not used to organize your resume information. For example, Objective, Education, Skills Summary, Experience, Activities & Honors, etc.
- Incorrect degree information is listed -- research your academic department’s website.
- It exceeds one page, especially if you are a student or recent alumni.
- It is not created in Word, or LionHire’s Resume Builder.
- References are listed directly on resume -- given to employer separately as requested.
- Action words and other “key” words are not used that associate with the field, career, or job for which you are applying.
- Information is not listed in reverse chronological order (i.e., most recent to least) for each area.
If you need additional guidance, read our expanded resume rules one-page, detailed document.
Disclaimer: We provide a brief resume review when resumes are uploaded into LionHire. We do not guarantee all errors will be detected. You are ultimately responsible for ensuring your resume is free of errors.