Funding Opportunities


All full-time university faculty members holding academic rank, excluding those currently holding administrative appointments above the level of department head, are eligible to apply for the following:


Enhancement Grants

These grants are designed to increase your productivity and effectiveness as a scholar and teacher. Funds are available for projects that enhance your teaching and/or your research or scholarly/creative activity. Projects must align with university strategic priorities. These grants are offered and awarded in the fall semester to be spent in the current fiscal year. These funds may not be used for certifications, reassign time, travel or to increase faculty salaries. Proposals are limited to a maximum of $700. Faculty are restricted to one submission.


Travel Grants

This program provides grants to assist full-time faculty with travel expenses while making professional presentations. Funding is available for air or ground transportation, lodging, and registration. Requests are awarded on a quarterly basis. There is no limit to the number of requests that may be submitted each quarter but travel awards may not exceed $1200 per faculty per fiscal year.


Tenured faculty members with the rank of assistant professor or higher are eligible for the following:


Orr Research Endowment

Orr Cover Page
Orr Guidelines
Orr Budget Page

Through the generosity of the Orr family, a source of research funding is available to offset certain costs associated with the research, scholarly or creative activities of tenured faculty.  Once completed the research should be submitted for publication in an appropriate venue.  A request for proposals will be made in the spring semester when funding is available.  Funding is based on yearly budget allocations and subject to change.  Please see the email call for the current award amount. The award is funded from July 1 to June 15.  All requests for reimbursement must be received in the Center for Faculty Excellence by June 15.


For more information regarding these funding opportunities, please contact the Center's office (Mims Hall, Room 112; ; or ext 5791).


NOTE: Funding is based on yearly budget allocations and subject to change.