POLICIES FOR USE OF SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY
FACILITIES BY THIRD PARTY GROUPS/ORGANIZATIONS
The University of Louisiana System Board of Supervisors has
established the following policy:
"When facilities of the institution are used for activities other than those of the institution, organizations concerned shall be required to reimburse the school for all costs incurred in connection with the affair, and they shall be further required to carry sufficient public liability insurance to protect all parties concerned, including the institution."
To implement a policy for the use of campus facilities by third party groups and organizations, Southeastern Louisiana University has adopted the following guidelines:
1. The Director of Auxiliary Services shall have administrative responsibility for the use of Southeastern's facilities by third party groups and organizations.
2. In considering the request for the use of a facility by a third party group, first priority will be given to events scheduled or programmed by the University or University organizations.
3. The Division of Auxiliary Services will initially determine whether the facility requested is available and review any request by third party groups.
4. The Division of Auxiliary Services may ask for a review of any such request.
5. Third party group/organization may not sublease or assign the whole, or any part, of the leased premises.
6. All requests for use of facilities must be made in writing to the Division of Auxiliary Services. A Facility Reservation Application must be completed and submitted to the Division of Auxiliary Services 30 calendar days prior to facility use request date. Publicity must not be released until written confirmation is received on the facility requested by Auxiliary Services.
7. Requests must include special equipment necessary for the scheduled event, such as speaker stands, public address systems, projectors, etc. The Division of Auxiliary Services recommends a site visit of the facility to ensure the equipment and facility is appropriate for the needs of the program. Requests for special equipment do not guarantee availability.
8. Upon approval of requests for use of University facilities by a third party group, appropriate fees for the facilities will be assessed. This is to include 75% of the estimated anticipated cost (technician and board light fees, if applicable), plus the required damage/security deposit. All fees must be paid to Southeastern Auxiliary Services in the form of cashier's check or money order thirty (30) days prior to the date of event. Failure to pay facility use fees thirty (30) calendar days prior to the scheduled event will cause the event to be cancelled.
9. Third party groups/organizations (lessee) using University facilities agree to protect, defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless the State of Louisiana, all State Departments, Agencies, Boards and Commissions, its officers, agents, servants and employees, including volunteers, from and against any and all claims, demands, expense and liability arising out of injury or death to any person or the damage, loss or destruction of any property which may occur or in any way grow out of any act or omission of the other party or its agents, servants, and employees, or any and all costs, expense and/or attorney fees incurred by the other party as a result of any claim, demands, and/or causes of action except of those claims, demands, and/or causes of action arising out of the negligence of the State of Louisiana, all State Departments, Agencies, Boards, Commissions, its agents, representatives, and/or employees. The LESSEE agrees to investigate, handle, respond to, provide defense for and defend any such claims, demand, or suit at its sole expense and agrees to bear all other costs and expenses related thereto, even if it (claims, etc.) is ground-less, false or fraudulent. The LESSEE shall provide SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY an insurance certificate indicating that public liability insurance is in force on the account of and for the benefit of the LESSEE. The University reserves the right to set the minimum limit required for any event held on the Southeastern Louisiana University campus on a case-by-case basis. In general, the cost of the special event insurance coverage is based on the type of event(s) being covered, the number of attendees and the length of the event. The following is a guide for the level of coverage required:
- Events with less than 300 attendees $300,000
- Events with 301-500 attendees $500,000
- Events with more than 500 attendees $1,000,000
The Certificate of Insurance must be provided to the University thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of any program or activity in the University facility.
10. The responsibility for security, crowd control, and/or traffic control remains with the University. The number of police officers required for any event will be determined by the University and the user will be assessed appropriate fees for such services.
11. Leases for fundraisers that involve sale of firearms are guided by ACT 324 of the 2014 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature (Section 2, R.S. 17:3361.1), in addition to other university requirements as established herein:
If property at a public postsecondary educational institution is leased to a nonprofit corporation or association for the purpose of holding a fundraising event, the lease may authorize and provide for the auction and sale of firearms at the event.
Any such lease shall include, at a minimum, the following conditions:
(1) The firearms to be auctioned are exhibited in a static display at the event.
(2) Campus security is present at the event.
(3) The event shall be held indoors.
(4) The firearms to be auctioned are equipped with a safety lock or other safety feature that renders the firearm nonoperational.
- Furthermore, if property at Southeastern Louisiana University is leased to a third party organization/individual for the purpose of holding a fundraising event, the lease may authorize and provide the auction and sale of a limited number of firearms at the event as approved by the University and if the following additional mandatory conditions are followed:
(1) The number of Campus Security officers will be determined by the University based upon the number and type of auction items, as well as other factors as determined by the University.
(2) The event shall be held indoors and only after 5 p.m. on weekdays and on weekends.
(3) The firearm(s) must be non-operational prior to entering the campus of Southeastern Louisiana University.
Third party organizations or individuals who fail to comply with the above mandatory conditions are subject to $5,000 in liquidated damages and may be banned from the use of any University facility for future events and/or activities.
12. Third Party acknowledges receipt of these policies. Southeastern Louisiana University does not support or condone the planned activity covered in the facility use request. Any third party groups/organizations allowed the use of University facilities must abide by University regulations and policies regarding the use of alcohol and food on the campus.
DEFINITION OF GROUPS
A. University organizations include organizations duly chartered and recognized by the University.
B. University-related organizations include those organizations whose functions and purposes involve University personnel, alumni, and private citizens and are in general support of the University and its primary mission.
C. Third Party Groups/Organizations include any group or organization which does not have a direct relationship to Southeastern Louisiana University with its purpose for students, faculty and/or staff.
Kinesiology Track Usage Policy
SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA UNIVERSITY
POLICIES FOR THE USE OF THE
KINESIOLOGY AND HEALTH STUDIES TRACK AND FIELD FACILITY
BY THIRD PARTY GROUPS/ORGANIZATIONS
I. General – Rules and Regulations of KHS Track:
• No chairs of any kind, motorized vehicles, or wheeled apparatus (including trucks, cars, golf carts, mules, ATV's, wheel barrels, skateboards, rollerblades, strollers, etc.) of any kind are allowed on the track or beyond the inner fence.
• Only authorized vehicles, as approved in advance by a University Official, may be allowed within the 6' outer perimeter fence. Entry is limited to the Northwest, 16' gate. The University reserves the right to restrict or deny access entirely due to potential damage to the track area resulting from inclement weather.
• The user agrees to provide adequate and necessary athletic trainers and medical
emergency staff for the event(s). The number of trainers / emergency personnel will
be mutually agreed upon between the facility manager and the facility user and coordinated
prior to the event.
• Access and use of restroom facilities within adjacent buildings is limited to designated areas within the Kinesiology and Health Studies Building and must have approval at least 7 days in advance of the event.
• Any user hosting an event of more than 200 people (including participants, observers, etc.) must provide portable toilets at user's expense. Location and number of portable units must receive prior approval from the University. Units must be removed on the first business day following the event unless alternate arrangements are made and agreed upon in advance.
• An inspection of the facility, including representatives from both parties, will take place prior to and immediately following the event. It is the responsibility of the user to document, through photographs or other means, any existing damage prior to the event.
• Any damage to the facility will be repaired by University personnel and charged to the user. User should immediately report damage to equipment / property to University official.
• No tent stakes or semi-permanent structures will be allowed without prior approval and marking of utilities. Required permits may take up to 3 days. Any costs associated with the repair of underground utilities, including labor, materials, and other administrative costs, resulting from the unauthorized use of stakes or other items will be the responsibility of the user.
• Tents and umbrellas are not allowed in the viewing stands. Non-stake tents used by viewers for shade may be placed in the area outside of the track.
• Any and all concession areas must receive prior approval for a designated location.
• User is responsible for ensuring track facility (area within both fences) and restrooms, if applicable, are maintained throughout the duration of the event.
• Use of the track facility includes the facility ONLY and does not include any equipment, such as University track equipment, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing prior to the event. Use of any such equipment will result in additional costs.
• User is responsible for the safety and security of their equipment. Anything that is stolen or damaged during the event will be the responsibility of the user.
• No animals are allowed, except for personal service animals.
• No temporary or permanent adhesive materials can be used on the track surface.
• Footwear is limited to tennis shoes, soft soled shoes and ¼" track specific spikes on the track. No other cleats of any kind.
• Anything to be attached or hung on fencing or bleachers must receive prior approval and be completely removed at the close of the event. This includes string, rope, tape or other materials that may have been used to secure banners, signage, etc.
• Any additional services requested of University personnel will be assessed a fee based on the needs of the event and requested personnel.
• Third party group/organization may not sublease or assign the whole, or any part, of the track.
• The responsibility for security, crowd control, and/or traffic control remains with the University Police. For emergencies, contact University Police at 985-549-2222.
• Any third party group/organizations allowed the use of University facilities must abide by University regulations and policies regarding the use of alcohol and food on the campus. Outside food or drinks are not allowed at the track facility for any events. Attendees may be asked to leave the facility if they are found to have outside food or drinks. With the exception of water in clear bottles, no food or beverages are allowed inside the fence area immediately around the track. Designated areas for food are in the stands and outside the track.
• All areas on and around track facility and the Kinesiology and Health Studies Building are drug, alcohol, weapon, and tobacco free zones. Profanity and horseplay will also not be tolerated.
• User is expected to be considerate of other groups and the campus community with the use of music, space, and equipment.
• The adjacent tennis court facility is a separate area and must be reserved as such. Use of the track does not automatically award use of this area.
Pennington Student Activity Center Usage Policy
PENNINGTON STUDENT ACTIVITY CENTER USAGE POLICY
It is our pleasure to work with you towards the success of your programs at the Pennington Student Activity Center.
Please review the following usage guidelines for this facility. Our goal is to provide you with the highest level of customer service. Our supervisors/graduate assistants are the frontline managers, and are trusted to enforce all policies and procedures if assigned to your event. We ask that you work with them if you have any concerns in the course of your program. Should your expectations not be met while using our facility, please address any concerns with the leadership of the Pennington Student Activity Center as outlined below:
Anacletus Gyinia Dollie Hebert-Crouch
Assistant Director Director
(985) 549-5117 (985) 549-2144
- For Southeastern students, faculty, staff and alumni we require the SLU ID for access.
- You may be denied access if you enter or assist others in entering the facility through illegal or unapproved methods.
- Please report any damage to equipment/property immediately to our supervisors. You may be asked to reimburse the facility for repairs or replacement.
- Only water in clear bottles is allowed beyond our control desk. No exceptions.
- The only designated point you can eat food is the lobby.
- Profanity is prohibited in the facility as well as horseplay, tobacco, alcohol, drugs and weapons.
- Please be considerate of other users in the course of the program especially with the use of music, space and equipment.
- Appropriate shoes are required in the gym, aerobics rooms, racquetball courts and the fitness room to avoid damage to the floors.
- In order to maintain the appearance of this facility, please maintain the facility as if it were your own.
- Please distribute this policy to those attending your program and provide us a list of participants for your event to assist us in managing/monitoring access to your event.
- We require you to acknowledge receipt of this document with your signature in order to reserve the facility. Please return the signed document as soon as possible to ensure that your event is scheduled.
- As the event manager, you are responsible for communicating your event's cancellation, registration of participants and/or event signage.
Finally, please reserve the facility well in advance to ensure availability and adequate time for our staff to prepare for your program needs.
Acknowledgement of Receipt of Southeastern's Facility Policies: