LION UP Recovery
Collegiate Recovery Program
LION UP Recovery has been established to help those students who identify as being in recovery.
Collegiate recovery programs are not designed as treatment programs; they are designed to offer extended recovery support on college campuses so your student has a safe harbor and a community of like minded others to be with. Students are required to attend weekly seminars, attend at least two recovery support meetings a week, attend CRP events including monthly celebration of recovery meetings, sober tailgating etc.
LION UP Collegiate Recovery Program
LION UP Collegiate Recovery Program at Southeastern Louisiana University will provide a nurturing, affirming environment in which students recovering from addictive disorders can successfully pursue academic, personal, and professional goals for the purpose of enhancing their quality of life and to make meaningful and lasting contributions to society.
LION UP Recovery Core Values
Commitment to academics
Leadership and Civic Engagement
2019-2020 Program Highlights
- Three students of our program graduated Spring of 2021; the GPA of the ten students involved Spring 2021 was 3.77.
- We were able to host 7 Students in recovery 2019-2020. Their Cumulative GPA for Spring 2020 is 3.86
- LION UP Recovery hosted over 10+ recovery based support group open to the campus community.
- LION UP Recovery participated with the ARHE Southeastern Regional Camping Trip, the Southeastern ARHE Conference (Cancelled due to COVID-19) during the 2019-2020 year.
- LION UP Recovery students and staff attended the Association of Recovery in Higher Education Virtual Conference 2020 and 2021.
- Throughout the 2019-2020 we were able to host campus wide Narcan training and Recovery Ally training.
- LION UP Recovery Staff presented at both NASPA (National Association for Recovery in Higher Education) Strategies Conference (New Orleans), Terrell Conference for Mental Health Practitioners (Hammond) and ULS Day of Learning (Monroe) on being an Recovery Ally and Creating a Collegiate Recovery.
- LION UP Recovery students were highlighted as the keynote speaker for the Keys Alliance Leadership Forum October 2019.
- Fall of 2019 - LION UP Recovery hosted Sober tailgating for home football games. Sponsorships helped provide hospitality for each event. We are grateful to Beacon Behavioral Health, Cumberland Heights, Riverplace Behavioral Health, Woodlake Treatment Center, Healthy Blue and IMAGINE Recovery for providing shirts, IZZO's, Blackened Brew, BBQ, Tshirts and games for our fall football tailgate season.
- Lion up Recovery was honored to receive program of the year at the LACUSPA Conference at Southern University.
- LION UP Recovery has a membership to ARHE (Association of Recovery in Higher Education).
- LION UP Recovery currently participates with mentorship through the SAFEProject.
- LION UP Recovery acquired a centralized campus location for students in recovery March 2021.