Summer Financial Aid
Summer Financial Aid is available to eligible admitted Southeastern students enrolled in the summer semester.
Students interested in receiving summer financial Aid at Southeastern must complete the Request for Summer Financial Aid Request Form.
Eligibility for Summer Financial Aid
- Students need a completed 2019-2020 FAFSA on record with Southeastern Office of Financial Aid.
- Undergraduate students must enroll in summer classes for a minimum of 6 credit hours (half-time) and graduate students must enroll for a minimum of 5 credit hours (half-time) before the summer fee payment deadline.
- Students must meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Types of Summer Financial Aid
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Direct Stafford Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans are offered based on the student's remaining academic year loan eligibility.
- Parent PLUS and Graduate PLUS Loans
- Summer Smart
Summer Pell Grant
- Pell grant eligible students may receive summer Pell provided lifetime Pell grant eligibility remains. Remaining eligibility level for Pell can be viewed online at the National Student Loan Data System for Students (NSLDS) using your FSA ID. View your Federal Pell Grant Lifetime Eligibility Units (LEU) on the Financial Aid Review page.
- Pell grant eligible students can receive up to 150% of their scheduled Pell award in the summer.
- The maximum time frame that students may receive a Federal Pell grant is the equivalent of 12 full-time semesters. One full-time semester of Pell equals 50%.
- Students who submit the Summer Financial Aid Request Form will be offered all financial aid for which they are eligible to receive. Students may choose to decline summer Pell, and will be provided a mechanism to do so in their offer letter.
Federal Direct Loans
- Students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits as an undergraduate; 5 as a graduate) to be eligible to receive Federal Direct Loans.
- Students receiving Federal Direct Loans for the first time are required to complete Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note(MPN) at studentaid.gov.
- If a student has utilized the maximum amount of Federal Direct Loan eligibility, loan funds will not be available for the summer 2020 term.
Dropping, Canceling, or Failing Summer Classes
- Dropping a course may cause an adjustment to a student's financial aid package. Awards are based on total summer credits enrolled and the duration of summer instruction.
- Canceling a course may result in a student being billed for a portion or all of their summer financial aid. If a student drops below 6 credit hours, their aid may be canceled.
- Failing summer courses due to non-attendance may result in a student being billed for a portion or all of their summer financial aid.
How to Submit the Request Summer Financial Aid Form
- Open the Summer Financial Aid Request Form.
- Sign in using your Southeastern Campus Webmail login.
- Fill out the entire form & submit.
- IMPORTANT: If you are signed into a personal email account, you will NOT be able to complete the form. Please utilize the How To Submit The Request Summer Aid Form PDF to ensure you correctly sign in and access the form.