College of Education Residential Learning Community Cohort
University Housing and The College of Educationare partners in providing Education Majors living in University Housing the opportunity to interact with faculty and fellow Education majors outside of the classroom. This program allows students to learn more about their future career, share supplemental experiences to material learned in the classroom and form small group learning communities.
Potential Benefits of participation in the Cohort may include:
- Faculty Interaction outside of the academic classroom.
- Career Exploration/ Presentation by College of Eductaion Alumni.
- Roundtable discussion groups with upperclassmen students.
- Field Trip to Louisiana specific Educational sites.
- Resume building opportunities.
- Biweekly Meetings (Fall 2015)
Dinner with College of Education Faculty (August 26, 2015)
- Field Trip to Louisiana Children's Musem in New Orleans, LA (November 10, 2015)
- Teacher Tuesday, January 26:5 PM Dinner in the Mane Dish with Faculty
Topic: Academic Excellence
- Teacher Tuesday, February 23: 5PM Cancelled due to weather related campus closure.
Teacher Tuesday, March 22: 5PM Topic: Road-Mapping your Career
Teacher Tuesday, April 26: 5PM Topic: Passport
- Dinner with Faculty: August 17 at 5 PM
- Wednesday, September 14: 5 PM Dinner in the Mane Dish with Education Faculty
Wednesday, October 5: 6 PM Advising in the TEC with Education Faculty
Wednesday, November 9: 5 PM- 7 PM Student Panel (Upperclassmen panelists share thoughts/ answer questions of underclassmen.)
Wednesday, November 30: Tour of Snoezelen 1 PM - 5 PM
Spring 2017 Event Photos
Professional Educator Dinner
Fall 2016 Event Photos
Spring 2016 Event Photos
Fall 2015 Event Photos