2014 Annual Enrollment Summary
Annual enrollment is from October 1st �31st. Below is a summary of the changes and plan updates. Please visit the Office of Group Benefits website to get the most up to date information:
Annual Enrollment Summary
You must come by the Benefits Office to make any changes or add any insurance plans or renew Flexible Spending Plans.
- Health Insurance plan � no change, no action necessary
- Health Insurance plan � new enrollment, changes in coverage, plans, or dependents, must complete forms in the benefits office
- Premium Conversion (tax sheltering) � no changes, no action necessary
- Premium Conversion (tax sheltering) � add or cancel, must complete forms in the benefits office
- Flexible Spending Arrangement options (Medical Reimbursement, Dependent Care) � must enroll each year
- Health Savings Account option (HSA) --must enroll each year
Current rates will continue through the 2014 calendar year. Please visit the link below to view current rates.
Employees can choose from 4 standard health plans: 3 self-insured plans � the PPO and HMO health plans and the high-deductible health plan with a health savings account option (HDHP-HSA) � all administered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, and the medical home HMO plan, fully insured by Vantage Health Plan (only for employees living in regions 1,5,6,7,8, & 9).
If you are currently enrolled in the High Deductible Health Plan, you will need to renew your monthly pledge. Failure to enroll renew your contributions will result in you not being able to participate in the HSA portion of the health plan. You will need to come by the benefits office anytime from 10/1/2013-10/31/2013, to renew your monthly contribution.Prescription Drug benefits for the Blue Cross PPO plan, the Blue Cross HMO plan, and the Medical Home HMO plan administered by Vantage will be administered by Med Impact. The prescription drug benefit for the High Deductible plan will be administered by Express Scripts.
If you are currently enrolled in the Flexible Benefits Plan, General Purpose FSA or Dependent Care FSA, you will need to renew your annual pledge. Failure to re-enroll in the plan during this time will result in you not being able to participate in the Flexible Benefits Plan. The General Purpose FSA maximum is $2,500.00 for this year.
The Flexible Benefits Plan gives active employees a way to take home more money in every paycheck! When you sign up for one of the Flexible Benefits options, your eligible expenses are deducted from your gross salary before taxes. Because when you pay less in taxes, your spendable income increases.
During Flexible Benefits Annual Enrollment, enrollments and changes can be made to Insurance(s), Medical Reimbursement, Dependent Care, Health Savings Account (HSA) and Premium Conversion. Enrollment/Change forms are available in the Human Resources Office.
Employees who currently participate in the Premium Conversion option can:
- Make changes to eligible insurance coverage, which changes the premium and the payroll deduction amount.
- Add payroll deductions for eligible insurance coverage;
- Cancel any or all insurance payroll deductions;
- andCancel participation in the Premium Conversion option.
Please watch for updates regarding Annual Enrollment. You may also visit the link below for information on the Office of Group Benefits web-site.
If you have any questions about your benefits or annual enrollment changes, please call the benefits office at ext 2587 or visit our website: http://www.southeastern.edu/admin/hr/
To print a copy of this notice, please click here.