A Message from the President

As anticipated, the debate regarding the State's budget for the upcoming fiscal year is consuming much of the attention of the Legislature. Having just reached the mid-point of the session, it is far too early to speculate what the final result will be, or how Southeastern and other institutions ultimately will be affected. We will continue preparing and planning for additional reductions in our operating resources should they occur.

As I indicated in my last campus update, we have begun two significant budget-related activities. First, Provost Bourg is working with the deans and academic departments to update our academic program review.

Second, I have appointed a Budget Advisory Committee charged with identifying recommendations for additional budget savings and revenue enhancements. While we have implemented numerous such strategies over the last several years, and have identified a handful of new actions, I want to make sure we leave no stone unturned.

The Committee membership and charge can be viewed at the following link: 2013-2014 Budget Advisory Committee.

I will continue to keep the campus apprised as these processes unfold and as developments occur in the legislative session.