Pennington Student Activity Center
RECREATIONAL SPORTS & WELLNESS
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
Membership and Guest Passes
- Membership is available to Southeastern students, faculty, staff, retirees, alumni,
friends of Southeastern and their additional household members 16 years of age or
older. Additional household members must provide proof of same household (examples:
drivers’ license, lease agreement, copy of check, bills, etc.)
- Alumni must be active Alumni Association Members with valid alumni identification
prior to purchasing membership at the Student Activity Center. For Alumni Association
membership levels and prices, contact the Alumni Association at 549-2150.
- Southeastern photo ID is required to check into the facility. If you forget your SLU
ID, you may use your driver’s license.
- GUEST PASS POLICY: Members may sponsor guests. The cost per day is $10 plus tax ($10.00
+ $0.30 = $10.30), and guests must have receipt on them at all times. Photo ID is
required. Members are responsible for the actions of their guests.
- All sales are final.
- We accept cash, checks, Visa, Master Card and Lion’s Lagniappe. Checks must include name, current address, driver’s license number, phone number and date of birth.
- Outside equipment (sports balls, weights, etc…) is not allowed.
- There is to be NO DUNKING in the basketball courts.
- Proper workout attire is required.
- Athletic shoes are required in all areas of the facility.
- Towels are strongly recommended in the Fitness Room. Members are strongly recommended
to sanitize all equipment before use.
- Members are required to restack weights, bars and other equipment in the Fitness Room.
Clamps must be used on all free weight equipment.
- Only clear bottles with water are allowed beyond Control Desk.
- Children under age 16 are not allowed in the Pennington Student Activity Center unless
they are enrolled in the REC Kids Program.
- The following are prohibited: tobacco, alcohol, drugs, animals (except service animals),
chewing gum, horseplay, spitting, profanity, weapons, roller blades, skates, skateboards,
bicycles, amplified sound without headphones, open toe or spike shoes, jeans, and
- Small item lockers are available for 25 cents. Daily, semester and annual lockers
are available to rent at the Membership Desk. We provide locks. No personal locks
may be used in the men’s and women’s locker rooms. Any locks on any Student Activity
Center locker at the end of the day will be removed. Members will not be reimbursed
for locks that have been removed.
- Eating is allowed only in the lobby and rooms 107 and 108.
- The Recreational Sports and Wellness Staff cannot guarantee the security of valuables,
book bags, or other personal articles left unattended. Reports of incidents of theft
or loss should be made to the staff at the Control Desk.
- Cell phone use is not allowed in the Fitness Room or Locker Rooms.
- Duffel or workout bags are allowed in the Fitness Room, but must be placed in a cubby
- No videotaping/photography is allowed without prior approval from the Recreational
Sports and Wellness professional staff.
- No solicitation is allowed.
Management or it’s designee reserves the right to deny entry and refuse service to members and/or guests for violation of policy. The Department of Recreational Sports and Wellness has the authority to intervene in any situation when necessary. For more information regarding the Claude B. Pennington Student Activity Center policies, please call (985) 549-5591.