Become A Sport Club
The inspiration to start a new club should be initiated by the students. It is the responsibility of those students interested in initiating a new sport club to meet with the appropriate university administrator to discuss the feasibility of establishing a new club. Special consideration should be given to student interest and availability of resources, specifically funds and facilities. Groups desiring recognition or renewal as a sport club will need to complete the following:
- Seek Student Organization status from Student Engagement Office and become a registered Student Organization
- Develop constitution.
- Present proposal for becoming a sport club to the Director, Recreational Sports and Wellness. Proposal should include:
- On Campus Status from Student Engagement
- Sport Club Renewal Form
- Proposal will be reviewed by Director, Recreational Sports and Wellness, and then submitted to the Executive Sport Club Council for a vote at the next monthly meeting.
- If the club is approved by the Executive Council, the club requesting approval will be notified and have an opportunity to appear the following week to present a proposal to the Sport Club Council. The Sport Club Council will vote to approve or deny the club access.
Eligible participants include all regularly enrolled full-time Southeastern Louisiana University students with current student picture I.D. cards. Various leagues may enforce additional eligibility rules.