Apply today to be a Summer Camp Counselor!
Camp has been cancelled for Summer 2020. We will begin our search for next summer's outstanding staff in early 2021.
Do you love working with children? Are you looking for a fun summer job that keeps you active? If you answered yes, then you should apply to be a summer camp counselor!
- Must be a Southeastern student eligible for on-campus employment (all majors accepted)
- Education or Kinesiology majors preferred
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Previous work experience at a summer camp or working with children
What's the basic job description for a summer camp counselor?
As a camp counselor, you can expect to:
- Work in teams of 2-3 counselors with an assigned age group during the week (4-6, 7-8, 9-10, or 11-12)
- Participate in all activities with them, including art, games, swimming, etc.
- Facilitate different activities with the assistance and guidance of the Camp Director
- Be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of your group
- Attend field trips with the campers
What hours can I expect to work during the week?
How do I apply to be a camp counselor?