Ceremony Live Stream
Watch the ceremony on the Southeastern Channel.
Maps and Parking
Parking: Complimentary parking is available in parking lots on North Campus for guests attending the commencement ceremonies.
Accessible parking is limited and is on a first-come basis. Please note that disabled plates and/or hang tags are required to secure space in lots reserved for accessible commencement parking.
Map: To assist with planning, suggested parking lots, and traffic routes are noted below.
The entrance to the University Center will be opened one hour before the start of each ceremony. All guests will be seated upon entry and unable to save seats out of consideration for other guests. Seating is available on a first-come basis. We appreciate your cooperation in abiding by these guidelines.
Each commencement ceremony will be accessible. Accessible seating will be available for individuals with disabilities or guests with limited mobility
If you or anyone in your party is in need of accessible seating or assistance, we recommend arriving early as the seating will be determined on a first-come basis. Accessible seating is limited to only those guests who require it. The seats will be for the person with accessible needs and for one companion.
Each commencement ceremony will have two Deaf/HOH interpreters. The interpreters will be stationed in front of section 115.
The public restrooms are accessible and all contain diaper-changing stations.
Messages and Emergency Information
In case of an emergency, emergency messages will be announced from the stage via the announcer.
Commencement is a ceremonious occasion honoring your student’s accomplishments. Decorum and courtesy are important to you, as well as to all degree candidates and their families. Guests and graduates are encouraged to remain for the duration of the ceremony.
- Once seated, all participants are expected to stay until the conclusion of the ceremony.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices should be silenced.
- Candidates should plan to meet their guests outside the Stadium as guests are not allowed on the stadium field.
- Southeastern maintains the historic tradition of each degree candidate receiving their diploma from the President as his/her name is called. The last degree candidate is as important as the first so we ask guests to be considerate and keep celebratory applause to a minimum so that each graduate’s name can be heard.
For security purposes, all commencement attendees are asked to limit handbags, camera bags, and tote bags they bring with them to only those that are absolutely necessary. All articles brought into the facility will be subject to search, and this may delay attendees from entering each venue.
To ensure a safe and comfortable Commencement, the following items are strictly prohibited from being brought into each venue:
- Containers of any kind (including but not limited to coolers, thermoses, cups, bottles, cans, flasks)
- Aerosol and spray cans
- Animals (except for service animals for persons with a disability)
- Balloons and beach balls
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Signs, banners, and flags
- Laser pointers
- Noisemakers (including but not limited to whistles, air horns, bull horns, sirens, thunder sticks, etc.)
- Confetti, glitter, streamers, and silly string
- Fireworks, party poppers, and sparklers