Minutes from the July 14, 2021 Student Technology Fee Committee meeting
In Attendance: Committee members – Dean Gautreau, Kalynne Morris, Keron Jackson, Jeff Temple, Donna Methvien, Eric Summers, and Mike Asoodeh were present. L’Oreal Williams gave her proxy to Keron Jackson. Makayla Taylor gave her proxy to Kelsey Staes who attended on Makayla’s behalf. Shannon Sciortino was also in attendance. This meeting was conducted electronically via Google Meet.
The meeting began at 10:00 a.m.
- The April 15, 2021 meeting minutes were reviewed. Eric Summers made a motion to approve the minutes. Dean Gautreau seconded the motion. The vote was 9-0 in favor of approving this motion.
- Reports on Action Items:
- Budget Hearing – Shannon Sciortino did send the budget to the President’s Office and request a budget hearing. The budget hearing was held, and a revised budget was approved.
- Surplus Equipment – Donna Methvien presented the list of old/obsolete equipment that needs to be surplused. Kalynne Morris made a motion to approve the request to surplus equipment. Kelsey Staes seconded the motion. The vote was 9-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Donna Methvien will see that the surplus items are sent to Property Control.
- 2021/2022 STF Budget Update – Mike Asoodeh reviewed the revisions to the proposed 2021-2022 STF Budget that were made during the budget hearing. The 2021-2022 STF Budget will be similar to the 2020-2021 revised budget.
Dr. Asoodeh informed the committee that the reporting requirements for Tech Fee are changing, and instead of providing an annual report, we will post an online report twice a year.
- A motion to adjourn was made by Kalynne Morris. Dean Gautreau seconded the motion. The vote was 9-0 in favor of this motion. The meeting was adjourned at 10:15 a.m.
- Next Meeting – The next meeting will be held in the fall, and will be coordinated by Shannon Sciortino.