Minutes from the October 10, 2017 Student Technology Fee Committee meeting
In Attendance: Committee members – Seth Leto, Richard Davis, Ali LeBlanc, Garrett Buras, Alberto Valenzuela, Mike Asoodeh and Donna Methvien. Jim McHodgkins attended the meeting as proxy for Eric Summers.
The meeting began at 2:00 p.m.
- The September 19, 2017 meeting minutes were reviewed. Garrett Buras made a motion to approve the minutes.
Seth Leto seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of approving this motion.
- Reports on Action Items:
- Budget Adjustment – Shannon Sciortino did submit a budget adjustment for funds associated with the raise plan.
- Surplus Computers – Donna held off on transferring the 13 computers to the College of Education at the request of the new Dean. Action Item: Donna will transfer the computers when the new Dean is ready for them.
- Surplus Computers – Donna Methvien did transfer the 4 surplus computers.
- Chairs in Fayard STF lab – Asoodeh did check on the chairs in the main lab in Fayard. Action Item: Mike Asoodeh will have Clarissa Sampey and Donna Methvien submit a proposal for an SGA grant for replacement chairs.
- Software Installation Request – Donna Methvien reported that she had received one Software Installation Request for CSIT to have Eclipse and NetBeans software installed in CSIT 2028A. This software is free and open source. Richard Buras made a motion to approve the software installation request. Ali LeBlanc seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Donna Methvien will see to it that the software is installed in the lab.
- Small Project Proposals – Mike Asoodeh reported they had received 15 small project proposals requesting $66,817.66. The subcommittee recommended 14 proposals be approved, 3 with certain contingencies, and further clarification be obtained for the remaining proposal. Upon satisfactory clarification, the remaining proposal (#5) will also be approved. Garrett Buras made a motion to approve the small project proposals with the recommended contingencies and clarifications in the amount of $66,817.66. Ali LeBlanc seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Mike Asoodeh will obtain clarification on Proposal #5. Action Item: Shannon Sciortino will notify the recipients of the awards as well as any specified contingencies.
- Matching Project Proposals – Mike Asoodeh reported they had received 6 matching project proposals requesting $109,165.60. The subcommittee recommended all 6 proposals be approved. Richard Davis made a motion to approve the matching project proposals in the amount of $109,165.60. Alberto Valenzuela seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of approving this motion. Action Item: Shannon Sciortino will notify the recipients.
- A motion to adjourn was made by Seth Leto. Ali LeBlanc seconded the motion. The vote was 8-0 in favor of this motion. The meeting was adjourned at 2:26 p.m.
- Next Meeting – The next meeting will be held Tuesday, November 14 and will be coordinated by Shannon Sciortino.