Student Code of Conduct and University Policies
Student Code of Conduct Revisions
In an effort to ensure the safety of our students, faculty, and staff while providing an environment conducive to learning, Southeastern Louisiana University has revised the Student Code of Conduct to include substantial changes to the University's drug policy.
While the current Student Code of Conduct contains language addressing illicit and prescription drugs, a recent increase in the consumption of synthetic, manufactured, and so-called "designer" drugs nation-wide has led the University to revisit existing policies for the campus.
Effective April 8, 2013, the University prohibits the use, consumption, possession, manufacture, furnishing, procuring, sale, and/or distribution of synthetic drugs, including but not limited to marijuana, incense, bath salts, and other manufactured drugs. Possession of drug paraphernalia including but not limited to hookahs and other smoking devices, weights, scales, and rolling papers are also Student Code of Conduct violations.
The University reserves the right to change the Student Code of Conduct at any time during the academic year. It is each student's responsibility to keep abreast and comply with the Student Code of Conduct as well as other published rules and policies. The most up-to-date copy of the Student Code of Conduct can be found at below.
Students are responsible to familiarize themselves with the Student Code of Conduct and all University policies.
- Student Code of Conduct
- Mental Health Emergencies: Suicide Attempts
- Endangering or Disruptive Behavior
- Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- Alcohol Consumption Regulations (On and Off Campus)
- Guidelines for Campus Alcohol Advertising
- Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Racial Harassment Policy
- Gender Discrimination Policy
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Hazing Policy
- Registration of Activities Policy
- University Policy on Public Speech, Assembly, and Demonstrations
- Sign Posting Policy
- Selling or Soliciting on Campus Policy
- Credit Card Solicitation Policy
- Student Newspaper Distribution Bin Policy
- Computer Policies
- Smoking Policy
- Food Policy and Procedures for Student Organizations and Departmental Units