DSA Leadership Ambassadors
Southeastern Leadership Ambassadors are volunteers who assist the Division for Student Affairs (DSA) with recruitment events, the leadership development of new students, and the education of students on the rules, regulations, and traditions of university life. DSA Leadership Ambassadors also promote spirit and unity among Southeastern students and provide diligent service to the Southeastern community.
DSA Leadership Ambassadors volunteer their time and talents to many programs including:
• First Meeting – April 17th, 2014
• Leadership Ambassador training-May 19th, 2014
• Traditions events- TBA
• Family Day – TBA
• Spring 2015 Events – Emerging Leaders' Retreat
• Bimonthly Meetings with the Director of Student Engagement
All DSA Leadership Ambassador service and involvement is organized and implemented
through a committee system. Each DSA Leadership Ambassador is assigned to a committee
that meets throughout the semester to plan events and fulfill the committee’s purpose.
Committees are led by a chair and one or more associate chairs. Chairpersons are appointed by the Division for Student Affairs at the beginning of the academic year and associate chairs apply for their positions and are selected by the committee chairs. A complete listing of committees will be provided to each student selected as a DSA Leadership Ambassador.
Leadership ambassador must possess the following qualifications:
- Be a full time undergraduate student.
- Possess a Cumulative G.P.A. of 2.75 or higher.
- Be enthusiastic and ready to make an impact at Southeastern Louisiana University.
- Have a proven commitment and passion for Southeastern Louisiana University.
- Submit a complete application including a letter of reference from a university faculty or staff member.
- Must attend one group interview.
- Must attend a one on one interview with the Office for Student Engagement.