Find a Job with Handshake
Handshake is the #1 Way College Students Find Jobs
3 Easy Steps to Get Started:
- Login to selu.joinhandshake.com with your Southeastern email and password
- Complete Your Profile
- Set Your Preferences
The 3 Must-Haves on Your Handshake Profile
These are the most common fields that employers use to search for potential candidates—so including them in your profile is essential to getting recruited.
What are you looking for?
- Job type: select part-time job, full-time job, or internship. Looking for a part-time job for now and an internship for next summer? You can select more than one job type, and we’ll share recommendations for each.
- Job location: choose the cities that you’d like to live and work in. There are thousands of incredible employers on Handshake from every corner of the country, so we recommend being open to exploring jobs in a few different locations.
- Job roles: select at least three job roles that interest you. We’ll give you suggestions based on your major, school and city. You can also search our job role pages to learn more about what you’d like to do.
When you fill in your interests, two really great things happen:
- We send you better, more relevant job recommendations.
- You’re more likely to have a recruiter message you!
80% of students who share their interests on Handshake receive a message from a recruiter. The more you include, the better your chances of having a recruiter find you.
If you have questions or need help with Handshake, contact the Office of Career Services at email@example.com or (985) 549-2121.
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
by: Ashley Richardson