Have a story idea for Southeastern's website? Send your contact information, a brief description and available photos to email@example.com. We will contact you if we decide to use your story idea.
HAMMOND – The Southeastern Louisiana University Alumni Association and "Spirit of the Southland Marching Band" are inviting music alumni to three special reunions this year as part of Homecoming 2013.
"The Students of the States, band alumni, and singers are invited to participate in the university's Homecoming activities on Saturday, Oct. 26," said Assistant Director of Bands Paul Frechou. "All music alumni are invited to to play or sing the alma mater, the 'Star Spangled Banner,' and the fight song with the band during the pre-game performance. Alumni are also invited to perform with the band during the game."
The schedule of reunion activities on Homecoming Day include:
• 11 a.m. - Singers only rehearsal, Pottle Music Building Band Room Annex 162
• 11:45 a.m. - Rehearsal/sound check for singers only in Strawberry Stadium with marching band
• 2 p.m. - Luncheon/tailgating/parade, music alumni tent (Sponsored by the Alumni Association, Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, Delta Omicron, & Kappa Kappa Psi)
• 5 p.m. - Dessert reception, Pottle Recital Hall Lobby (Sponsored by the Department of Fine and Performing Arts)
• 6:20 p.m. - Meet at Stadium Entrance, NE corner near Friendship Circle
• 6:30 p.m. - Enter stadium with marching band
• 6:40 p.m. - Pre-Game performance of alma mater, Star Spangled Banner and fight song
Tickets for the Homecoming game against Lamar are available at 985-549-LION.
For more information about the reunions, contact Frechou at (985) 549-3825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.