KSLU launches Cutest Pet Photo Contest
Thursday, May 31, 2018
by: Tonya Lowentritt
HAMMOND – Southeastern Louisiana University’s public radio station KSLU 90.9FM
has launched its first Cutest Pet Photo Contest. Presented by Royal Pets Grooming
Spa, the contest is now open for entries to be accepted through July 7, 2018.
Voting begins July 8 and lasts through July 21. The photo that receives the most votes from website visitors wins.
“Our Cutest Pet Photo Contest is intended to be a fun, interactive, and free online event for the community we serve, and thanks to our amazing event sponsors, it’s also proved to be a great fundraiser for the station,” said Rachael Beard, underwriting representative for KSLU. “We couldn’t continue the work we do without the support of the local business community and, of course, our faithful listeners. We sincerely want to thank the Hammond Animal Hospital and Pet Lodge, The Animal Care Center and Pet Care Center, College Town Apartments, and Salty Joe’s Restaurant for their support, with an extra special thank you to our title sponsor, Royal Pets Grooming Spa.”
Participants may enter their pets’ photos online at kslucontests.com for the opportunity to win a pet prize pack. One grand prize winner will receive the following:
1) A gift basket from Camp Bow Wow in Covington, valued at $185. The gift basket will include five days of day camp and a bath, along with toys and treats.
2) A one-hour photo shoot of your best four-pawed friend from Long After Photography, 25 high resolution digital images available for download, and a 16x20 canvas wrap print of your favorite photo.
3) A hand painted portrait of the winning animal’s picture, along with species appropriate toys, treats, food and fun courtesy of Chewy.com.
4) One pair of custom pet picture socks from DivvyUp.com.
5) A $25 gift card from The Rind Cheese Shop and Catering.
KSLU offers a wide variety of programming, including music and live broadcasts of sporting events, the award-winning and syndicated show “Rock School,” and the community talk show “Point of View.” Named the No. 2 college radio station in the region by the Southeast Journalism Conference, KSLU provides Southeastern students interested in broadcasting with an intensive learning environment.
For more information, visit www.kslu.org.