Managing Tasks in Collage
How Do I?
Instructions for Managing Tasks
All pages must be approved by the unit head before the page will be published on Southeastern's Web site. In order for the unit head to review the work, the work must first be included in a Task. ( See How Do I? Instructions on How to Create a Task.)
How Do I? Instructions for Reviewing and Approving Web Pages guides department heads on how to review work completed on the departmental Web site, reject work, or approve work to be published.
1. Click on the task name in your inbox, under Current Tasks and Notifications located in the Classic View on the Home tab. Notice the task state name is "Approve." (see below)
Note:You can also open the task by checking the box to the left of the task name and clicking the Open Task button. (see below)
2. The task will open by default in the Overview area. This screen is a general overview of the task details indicating the task state, users assigned to that state, and the attached files (also known as "Assets"). (see below)
3. To review the files attached to this task, click the Assets button which is located directly under the Overview button on the left verticle toolbar within the task.
4. The Assets screen will show the files/assets that are attached to this task.
To preview an individual file, put a check in the box next to the file name and click the Preview button on the toolbar. (see below) While reviewing the assets make sure that they are all checked in before approving. If a file is 'checked-out' there will be a lock icon and a username under the Checked Out section of the assets view below. If a file is checked out to you, simply click on your username to check it back in. If it is checked out to your contributor you will need to reject the task back to them. See instructions for rejecting a task below.
5. The file will then open in a seperate browser window for review. (see below)
To close this window, click the red X in the upper right hand corner.
Assuming that you've reviewed the files attached to the task and you approve of the edits, follow the below steps to actually 'approve' the task.
Note: Upon approval, the changes/edits associated with the task will be reflected on the live Web page after the next scheduled deploy. Deploys run at 9:00am, 12:00noon, 3:00pm and 6:30pm.
1. If the files in the task are ready to publish:
a. Click the Done button on the toolbar located across the top of the task window.
b. Key in your comments to those users associated with the task.
Click the OK button.
c. Collage should now indicate that the task has successfully been marked done.
Click the OK button.
If the files in the task need additional work or if any of the files are checked out to your contributor:
a.Click the reject button located to the right on the task toolbar. (see below)
b. Select all previous user in the reject box.
c. Key in comments in the comment box.
d. Click the reject button.
e. The task has now been returned to the contributor for additional edits.