How Do I Approve an Online Change of Major for an Undergraduate Student?
- Sign in to PeopleSoft version 9. Remember to use CAPS when entering your User ID.
- To Approve Change of Major click: Southeastern SA Data > Use > Change of Major Approvals > Search
- Change of Major Approval page will display if only one student is requesting a change. A list will be displayed if more than one student is requesting a change. You will need to select an EmplID from the list.
- Click Approved or Denied.
- Click the Save button.
- Remember to sign out of PeopleSoft when you have finished your session.
Change of Major Online Process:
- Once undergraduate student request is submitted, an e-mail notification will be sent to the student’s current department for approval.
- After the current department approves the change, an e-mail notification will be sent to the new department. If the new department approves the change, an e-mail notification will be sent to the student and current department stating that the request to change the student’s major has been approved.
- Students can check their LeoNet account periodically to confirm that their major has
been changed. Once both departments have approved the request, please allow 1-2 business
days for processing.
- Students must go to their academic department to make any changes to their major if they have applied to graduate or if they are seeking a double degree or a double major.
- If the student is an athlete, the request will be routed to the Athletic office before it moves to the current department for approval.
- If the student has been suspended or has been discontinued for nonattendance to the university, the student must reapply to the university.