In Nation in Awarding Financial Aid
according to BestColleges.com
Louisiana Student Broadcaster for Two Consecutive Years
according to Louisiana Broadcasters Association
In Top 30 Most Affordable Accounting Programs
according to Accounting Degree Review
Students attend universities for a variety of reasons: to learn, to grow, to achieve, to earn a degree or to prepare for a career. Southeastern has created a strong academic program to best help our students achieve their goals whatever they may be.
Our alumni occupy positions from CEO to musician, from Accountant to NFL Player, from Physician to Physicist and from Teacher to Nurse. They live in all 50 states and over 50 nations. They have impacted the world in tens of thousands of ways. We know that Southeastern is about success because for over 90 years we’ve been helping students succeed.
Our academics are regularly ranked and noted for both their excellence and value. It’s one thing to know you are succeeding, it’s another to have others recognize you for it.
Some of our recent rankings and notables:
- Southeastern Louisiana University has earned three rankings from U.S. News and World
Report. The university was again named among the top universities in the region as
one of the top 50 public schools and one of the top 100 universities (private or public)
in the South, as well as one of the top national performers for the social mobility
of its students.
- Southeastern Louisiana University has been listed as a Tier 1 institution for career
planning by Educate to Career, a non-profit organization that serves as a resource
for educational attainment, outcomes-based personalized college and career planning,
and related financial planning, data and programs in the U.S. Southeastern was selected
as one of the “Best Colleges for Career Planning Curriculum.”
- One of the top national performers for the social mobility of its students and among
the top 125 regional universities in the South, U.S. News and World Report
- Top 50 In Nation In Awarding Financial Aid, BestColleges.com
- #1 College TV Station in South, Southeast Journalism Conference
- No. 2 College Radio Station in the South, Southeast Journalism Conference
- Top 60 Nationwide University for Return On Tuition Investment, Affordable Colleges Online
- Top 5 College TV News Program Nationally, Society for Professional Journalists
- Top Ranking in Louisiana of Universities with Online Degrees, affordablecollegesonline.com
- Top Ranked in Louisiana for Student Impact on Community, Purposeful Networks
- #1 Small Business Development Center Nationally, U.S. Small Business Association
- The Louisiana Small Business Development Center was recognized as the top U.S. Region
VI SBDC for Excellence and Innovation
- Top Ranking in Louisiana for Students with Lowest Debt, U.S. News and World Report
- Two Top 25 Professors Nationwide, RateMyProfessor.com
- Top 40 Under 40 Professor
- Military Friendly School, G.I. Jobs Magazine
- #2 Best Online Colleges in Louisiana in 2016, Accredited Schools Online
- Professor listed among ’10 Must Take Psychology Professors in New Orleans,’ Careers in Psychology
- Top 4 in the nation for college news program, Northshore News
- Fourth year in a row receiving the President's Higher Education Community Service
- Southeastern Channel named first in the nation for second consecutive year, College Broadcasters, Inc.
- 77th in the nation's top 100 Best College Food Ranking
- Named the top Louisiana public university for online degree offerings, Accredited Schools Online
- Named recipient of the Operational Excellence Champion Award, Louisiana Chapter of U.S. Green Building Council
- Ranked No. 1 in the state and 15th in the nation for safety among large colleges and
universities by a national college guide resource
- Only university in the Gulf South authorized to teach International Baccalaureate
Educator Certificate courses, and one of only 36 institutions in the United States
- Top 5 Best Value Online University in Louisiana, BestValueSchools.com
- Ranked as 67th most affordable university in the United States, BestValueSchools.com
- Ranked #54 when it came to colleges with the least average debt per borrower figures in the entire Southeast region, LendEDU
- Southeastern Louisiana University was named one of the top national performers for
the social mobility of its students and among the top 125 regional universities in
the South by U.S. News and World Report.
- Top Louisiana Student Broadcaster two consecutive years, Louisiana Broadcasters Association
- Student won an Emmy for television "Writing" in 2016, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- Won 15 Emmys and 56 Emmy nominations for the Southeastern Channel, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- SLU student, Dominique Brogle, awarded Student Broadcaster of the Year, Louisiana Association of Broadcasters
- SLU student, Miranda Fleig, awarded one of two $4000 scholarships from the Louisiana
Association of Broadcasters
- Student produced piece for the Southeastern Channel won an Emmy award for "Twin Spans
Rebuilt," a feature story by Brittany Robinson of Slidell, in the "Writing" category, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
- Southeastern Finance students win first place in the 2016 National Community Bank
Case Study Competition
- Students at the Southeastern Channel won four 2017 Remi Awards for three film productions at the annual WorldFest International Film and Video Festival in Houston, Texas
Degree Program Excellence
- Southeastern Louisiana University's Master of Business Administration Program has
earned recognition as 13th of the top 25 most affordable programs in the nation in
2021 by College Consensus, a unique college ratings website that aggregates publisher
rankings and student reviews.
- Two Southeastern Louisiana University nursing programs have been recognized by the
Louisiana Nurses Foundation with the Nightingale Award as the Nursing School of the
Year - the master’s degree in nursing, which is offered in a consortium with three
other state institutions, and the undergraduate program in nursing. The awards recognize
the achievements of both nursing program’s students and faculty.
- Southeastern Louisiana University’s Executive Master of Business Administration Program
has earned recognition as one of the top 40 programs in the nation by Best Colleges
Online. One of only three Louisiana universities selected, Southeastern ranked seventh
and was the highest ranked Louisiana university, in front of LSU at No. 23 and LA
Tech at No. 10, and ahead of such schools as Pace University, Penn State, Temple University,
UCLA, Kent State University, University of Georgia, University of Alabama, University
of Missouri, and Purdue University.
- Two Southeastern Louisiana University online nursing programs have earned recognition as the top programs in the nation by NPSchools.com, an online resource for prospective students interested in the nurse practitioner field. Southeastern was recognized for its online MS in Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner and online Post-Master’s Certificate – Family Nurse Practitioner programs. According to the website, only those programs deemed affordable were recognized, meaning that the program’s cost, factoring in both in-state and out-of-state tuition, placed it in the upper third of all online NP programs in terms of affordability.
- Southeastern Louisiana University’s online doctor of nursing practice program has
earned recognition as one of the top 50 programs in the nation by Healthcare-Management-Degree.net.
Southeastern was recognized for its online DNP for post-masters applicants and BSN-DNP
applicants and was the only university in Louisiana to make the list, ranking higher
than schools such as Baylor University, Duke University, and Florida State University.
- Southeastern Louisiana University’s online criminal justice program has earned recognition as one of the top 50 programs in the nation by thebestschools.org. Southeastern was featured as having one of the most affordable online bachelor programs in criminal justice.
- Top 23 Supply Chain Management Program recognized among the top in the nation for
- Top 50 National Graduate Education Program, onlinemastersprograms.org
- Top 15 New Media and Animation Program, Animation Career Review
- Best Value Online Nursing Program, valuecolleges.com
- ‘Top Value’ Nursing Program, BestvalueonlineBSprograms
- Top Secondary Education Program in Louisiana, National Council for Teacher Quality
- “A” Rating in Education Program, National Council for Teacher Quality
- No. 5 in Nation as Most Affordable Urban Schools for Sports Management, Sports Management Degree Guide
- Ranked 19th in Top 30 most affordable accounting programs, Accounting Degree Review
- Top Secondary Education Program in Louisiana, National Council on Teacher Education
- Nightingale Award for Top Nursing Program in advanced practice in Louisiana, Louisiana Nurses Foundation
- Consortium master's degree in nursing named one of the best graduate programs in nursing
in the US, mastersdegreeonline.org
- 22nd most affordable RN to BSN programs in the nation for 2016, toprntobsn.com
- 19th in the nation in occupational safety, health, and environmental degree programs, collegevaluesonline.com
- Graduate Biological Sciences program ranked 3rd in the nation, SR Education Group
- Speech-Language Pathology graduate program was named among the top 200 in the nation, U.S. News and World Report
- Ranked #1 in Louisiana for Public Health Education And Promotion Degree program, universities.com