Internship and Job Opportunities
Students in Southeastern's College of Business have many opportunities to gain real-world experience before entering the workforce. Internships are managed by each department within the College of Business.
Student Internship Information
Southeastern Louisiana University’s College of Business strongly encourages our students to participate in Real World Ready experiences. Internships are extremely valuable to students as they navigate the decisions about their professional futures. In order to get class credit for internships, both the student and the internship role must meet certain minimum expectations as outlined below:
To be eligible for an internship, students must:
- Have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA
- Meet the criteria of the internship as defined by the employer (i.e., prerequisite courses, etc.)
- Be hired by the employer for the internship
- Submit the paperwork to their internship coordinator by the first day of classes for the semester of the internship.
To receive course credit, the student must:
- Complete an application and meet with their Southeastern degree program internship coordinator for approval (see list below)
- Pay the associated tuition for the course
- Complete 300 hours of work experience over the course of the semester
- Work toward a minimum of 3 measurable objectives over the course of the internship. These objectives should require professional-level work related to the student’s major. The student’s supervisor will be asked to provide feedback on these objectives at the end of the semester.
- Produce a deliverable as agreed upon by the internship coordinator about their experience, this may be a paper, a blog, or other work.
College of Business Degree Area Internship Coordinators
Accounting: Ms. Stella Helluin firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Administration / Economics: Dr. Sang Lee email@example.com
Finance: Dr. John Cresson firstname.lastname@example.org
Management: Dr. Rusty Juban email@example.com
Marketing: Dr. April Kemp firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply Chain Management: Mr. Jon Emas email@example.com
How many internships can I do?
A student can earn up to six hours of credit for completing two different internships.
Can I do two internships with the same company?
Yes, if the job expectations and objectives are different for each internship.
Are internships paid or unpaid?
We strongly encourage employers to pay their interns, but a student may elect to take an unpaid or paid internship.